1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Relocating omaha

Discussion in 'Indians in Nebraska' started by nithyas82, Dec 22, 2009.

1. nithyas82

nithyas82 New IL'ite

Hey ladies,
    we will b moving to Omaha this Jan ..we have a 7 month old son and wud like some company and friends there.can u pls suggest some good apartments where v cud find some Indians?

Thanks
    Nithya

2. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

Hi Nithya,
    If you are talking about Omaha,NE then here you go

Biltmore Apt, Vanderbilit,Lions head Apt , which are just close.

You can find Indians, one of my friend lived in Biltmore & is upscale.
    Now she lives in Vanderbilit.
    We used to live in Lions head Apt.
    Weather wise in Omaha it is very cold and lots of snow & summer is hot,we lived in omaha for a year , my daughter is born in omaha.
    Lots of memories

Good luck for your move
    Hope you like the place
    NAYA

3. polaris

polaris New IL'ite

Hi,

There's an apartment called "hillsborough pointe" where a lot of Indians are staying.

There are a lot of Indians staying in Omaha but no one replies when we ask about Omaha here. We stayed there for less that 2yrs, and I posted a message here asking people about the place and no one replied. I thought Omaha probably didn't have many Indians. But I was suprised as wherever we went, I'll see Indians- walmart, kohl's, temple, grocery stores! I wondered why.. but now we have moved out.... no more wondering!

You will find temple, few indian grocery stores, restaurants here. Yes it's hot in summer and cold in winter but it's not like north pole :) but it's a nice place to live with mostly no traffic and most shops are closeby.

Good luck!

4. Pavi13

Pavi13 New IL'ite

hi :).. i am relocating to Omaha by Sep 13th with my 6 month old kid.. any one nearby pacific street.. ? or pls give me idea about Indian grocery stores and websites which would provide me good deals..