Religious Posts by Nischel

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Nischel, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Pole Star

Dear ILIts,
    All of us are awae of the existance of STARS in the sky.When the sky is clear we can observe these stars daily. we
    see that stars are moving in the opposite direction of the motion of the earth.In fact Stars are not moving in any direction. They are stationery. Since we are viewing them from our moving Earth they appear like that.This is nothing but relative motion.But we can find one star in the sky for which there is not even relative motion.This particular star is located at The NORTH of the planetEARTH.this is on the line joining the two poles (North & South) of the Earth, that is the AXIS on which the planet Earth is rotating.This Star is called
    POLESTAR. This is also called DHRUVA TARA in hindu Mythlogy.
    There is a story behind this "Dhruva Tara".Let us know it briefly.
    Long Long Back There was a king by name UTTANAPADA.
    He had two wives SUNITHI and SURICHI by name.Sunithi gave
    birth to DHRUVA and Suruci to UTTAMA. The king was particularly fond of his second wife Surichi.
    One day DHRUVA wanted to sit on th Lap of his father but he
    was snubbed by his step mother Surichi, who tore him away
    and saying "You are an unlucky Chap.having taken birth from
    the womb of sunithi.Had you been intended for sharing the Royal thrown you would have been born of me. Therefore go and take the worship of lord SRIHARI,then alone you will gain
    the object of your desire."
    Having been insulted by his stepmother,with tears in his eyes he ran to his mother Sunithi and narrated the whole incident to his Mother.Sunithi said "Dear child the remarks of mother Surichi are qute true.without adoring God you will not attain the object of your desire".
    Hearing the words of hiis mother the boy immeadiately
    left the house in order practice Adoration with the motive of Gaining kingdom.
    continued......

2. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Re: Pole Star

PART 2
    On the way Dhruva met sage NARADA. NARADA said to him
    "O innocent boy where are you going all alone? in the jungle there are wild animals which will kill you.come with me to the king .He on my request will make arrangements for Your mother aswell as for you." Having listened to NARADA his faith in GOD was intensified and he said."Sir I want to be engaged in adoration.Having heard his determination sage Narada imparted him the sacred Text of (MAntra) Twelve letters
    ( OM NAMO BHAGA VATE VASUDEVAYA) and by telling him to meditate LORD VISHNU, ordered him to go to MADHUVAN
    which is on the banks of the river JAMUNA for TAPAS.
    DHRUVA started his Austerities. Horrors and temptations of various kinds came up before him to deter him from the purpose.but nothing could shake his resolution .At last LORD
    reaveled himself within six months before DHRUVA and granted him boon that he would become an heir to the thrown but DHRUVA was not pleased with this boon. his mind was
    purified by Tapas and so he felt ashamed that he committed a mistake in having a desire to gain kingdom.His desire was pershed.
    This story tells us That a person even he started his devotion towards GOD started as an ARTHARTHI ( praying God
    with some desire ),he can become a JNANI as Dhruva with
    constant adoration
    At last LORD VISHNU pleased with his adoration without
    any dsire He was placed at a unique position Glowing as a
    unique star for ever in this world.That is the pole star It is a
    Guiding Star for Navigators on sea to locate their direction of journey at nights as this star always shows North of the earth.
    with best wishes
    Sd/NISCHEL

3. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Sapta Maharsayah

EsteemedILIts,
    This Title "SAPTA MAHARSYAH" was taken from the below given Sloka from BagavatGeetha,10 thchap(VIBHUTI YOGA) 6th sloka."maharsayah sapta......loka imah prajah"
    The meaning is"The Seven Great Seers,the more ancient four
    SANAKA etc...and and fourteen Manus,who are all devoted to me are born of my mind and all these creatures in the world
    have come forth from them."
    This chapter mainly deals with the special manifestations of God and it has been given the Title of VIBHUTIYOGA, or the yoga of divine manifestations
    There are two types of creatures in this world---
    1) Those born of the contact of the contact of the Male and
    Female. These are also called as "BINDUJA"
    2) Those born of sacred Word or preaching.These are also
    called as "NADAJA"
    The off-springs born of the seven great sages and fourteen Manus who were married belong to the First type.
    All the great saints and souls of the past,the present and the future following the path of renounciation as well as SANAKA
    etc who were not married belong to the Second Type.
    The seven seers are 1) MARICHI 2)ANGIRA 3)ATRI
    4)PULASTYA 5)PULAHA 6)KRATU
    7)VASISTHA.
    They are possessed the following seven virtues hence they
    are called SAPTARSIS. The virtues are
    1)They are all LONGLIVED
    we can visualise them as a group of Stars in the sky known as SAPTARSI MANDALA.
    2)They are composers of vedic mantras or Hyms
    3)They are Glorious
    4)They are Possessed of divine powers.
    5)they possess Transcendent vision.
    6) they are Senior in Merits learning and age and they are credited with intutive or Direct perception of Dharma or the Divine Law.
    7) They are the founders of particular lines or Stocks of families(GOTRAS)
    They know the vedas and are known as the annotators of
    vedas.They are the adminstratiors of creation and are appointed to help BRAHMA the creator in his work.
    Theychange in every Manvantara or tenure of office of a Manu.All these seven seers are prajapathis of great religious
    Austerity possesing uncommn spiritual glow and wisdom. Beings creators they are known as seven Brahmas ( NahaBharatha santiparwa).
    Their brief sketches are given below:--
    1)MARICHI:-This seer has many wives.He has a large stock of descendants
    continued.....

1 person likes this.
  4. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Re: Sapta Maharsayah

Maharsi KASYAPA is one of the own son of MARICHI. He is constantly engaged in the work of creation and maintenance of the world.All most all the puranas made a mention about this Sage
    ANGIRA: He is a seer possessed of uncommon spritual glow.
    He married SURUPA the daughter of MARICHI. They had 5sons GOWTAMA ,VAMADEVA etc
    ATRI:- Anasuya who is famous for her Chastity of woman is his
    wife.BothAtri and Anasuya performed rigorous penance and sought direct comunion with God as a reward of their penance.
    PULASTYA :-He is a great ascetic and full of spiritual glow.
    Pulastya had several sons through his wives. Agastya is famous
    among them. Visrava is also another son who was the father
    of RAVANA,KUMBAKARNA and VIBHISHANA.
    PULAHA:- This great seer is possessed of great powers and wisdom.He immparted divine knowledge to sage Goutama.
    KRATU:-This great seer also possess exceptional spiritual glow.He begot 8000 Risis collectively known as valakhilyas.
    VASISTHA:- He is wellknown for his Austerity, spiritualglow, forbearence and piety.The name of his wife is ARUNDHATI
    who is an exceptionally virtuous woman and the foremost of all loyal and devoted woman.That is why in hidu marriages at
    the time of marriage purohits asked the Newly wedded couple
    to see the ARUNDHATI star in the sky along with Vasistha.
    Lord VISHNU said that these 7 seers direct the worldly way of life and have been appointed by me to carry on the duty of prajapathi the diety presiding over creation.They change in
    every Manvantharam or Tenure of office of aManu.

5. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Nischel,

That's a nice story. I'm not sure how true it is but I'm sure that it's worth telling kids for the morals that it imparts. Thanks.

You should be sharing such nice stories under one thread. It would help a lot of Indian Mom's to tell these lovely stories to keep their kids in right path.

6. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Re: Sapta Maharsayah

Dear Nischel,

I enjoyed reading this post and it helped me relate to our ancient history. Keep sharing.

Good day.

7. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

LALITHA SAI Madam,
    Than Q very much for your Quick response and appreciation for my post. It is an encouragement to me to select such type of stories which are definitely
    useful to the young kids.I will try to pickup and present to you all such usefull stories from our Mythologies and other type of scriptures.
    Here we must appreciate the boys PERSEVEARENCE to perform TAPAS and
    after theappearence of God and offering kingdom as a Boon to him his apathy
    towards this worldly pleasures is very very Significant point in this story.
    I wish u to kindly go through all of my posts (Threads) and post ur free and frank comments(criticism good/bad) so that i can improve my presentation.
    One more thing --I have two daughters by names LALITHA and SAI. there is a strange coincedence of their names with your name.
    Than Q verymuch with best wishes

8. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Dear Nischel,

You can call me with either of my names (preferably without the Madam please, I believe respect comes from heart and we all have a name to be called by) and I'm glad to know that your kids and I share a part of our names.

I've been reading a few of your posts and will surely forward my views. I like your ideas, i.e sharing the goodness.

Enjoy posting and reading good stuff.

9. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Re: Departure

Dear Nischel,

The first person who came to my mind on reading this post was "Mahatma Gandhi". This Gita lovers last words were "Hey Ram".

And good for you, both your kids have God's name in them and you have a good chance to transcend to higher state of life :) , if you remember God when you call them :).

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

sir,
    Excellent post.
    I think you remember that Ravana answered to a question why he did not go in disguise as Rama to Sita, he said that if he is acting as Rama he will be changed into the qualities of Rama and therefore he did not do that.
    These 2 incidents prove us that, even if we think of being good that itself has its say.

sriniketan