1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Religious Drift

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Thank you for sharing your excellent insight about the difference between religion and spirituality. Many facts, you had mentioned about the existence of the universe as a huge mathematical equation that takes care of the conditions needed for everything to exist and develop over a period of time. A good book to read is "Einstein's Enigma" written by Jose Rodrigues dos Santos. Even though it is a fiction, all scientific facts mentioned in the book are real and one can relate to that easily by reading them.

One quick point for your attention:

How does one invent without investigation and questioning?

HariLakhera likes this.
  2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for your inputs. It is my pleasure to know more about Religion and Spirituality, more so because these it days it is rather fashionable to say-I am spiritual but not religious, whatever that means. I would prefer to go by :

"Religion is for those who want to continue rituals and
    Spirituality is for those who want to reach the Spiritual Ascent."
    This is because rituals lead to no where and some are meaningless, in my opinion of course. Much of it has to be blamed on those who try to impose them directly or indirectly.
    As for science and religion, it is like a journey with a very suspect destination. Suspect because, once the scientists are in a position to prove otherwise, they believe like any other person that there is a super natural power, by whatever name we may call it. This happens all the time. Just because we do not know or have not seen does not mean something does not exist. No one claim to have seen God but they will be at loss to totally debunk it.

Thank You for taking the snippet to this height.