1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Religious Drift

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Sep 5, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Rihanji,
    Sometimes, it happens. We expect something from the title of a book and find something else when we read it.
    However, my idea of religious drift is not limited to one particular reason. Again, religious drift, in my opinion, is not simply running away from religion itself but includes finding an alternative. That alternative can be converting to other religion, becoming a reformer, becoming a rebel, becoming secular, becoming spiritual but not religious or becoming totally non-believer.
    I am sorry that the title gave a false hope. I am happy that you read it and gave your valued feedback also and that is my reward.

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Gold IL'ite

"In fact, the conscience of each individual in the community is the only law that existed before education, justice, and commerce were formed by the civilizations." True was and always will be if humans hold on to it. Everything else will be of no help. A religion which doesnt help in the unity of human beings is of no value . This is one important reason for the present generation witnessing 'preaching contradicting the practice' scene everywhere. At least hindus would like to be themselves unlike others who try to impose their on others.

HariLakhera likes this.