1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Religion for dummies....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sujathaumakanth, May 5, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha,

A wonderul post i must say.

Godo that yr family practices all the religions.I am a Hindu, a Sindhi. We Sindhis follow so many gods, Guru Nanak of the Sikhs, and krishna, shiva etc.My parents were never fanatics, used to take us to temples, but never followed Shivratri, or Krishna birthday, just used to say today dont eat nonveg, that is all.

I beleive the heart of the person has to be good, he should not cheat, abuse, and fair and kind to all. What u eat or drink makes no difference .

We still hold the views that veg people are good, and will go to heaven, and nonveg and drinkers, like m,e, will go to hell. HAHA.i stilllaugh at this, for in that case , Russians,Amercans, Europens will all go to hell for tehy drink wine , eat non veg all the time, eh !

Dont they hae the same maker as us, they have the same fingers as us, same toes, one nose, two eyes etc etc etc.

Well a long topic, let me not elaborate, for i am not qualified to write on these things, for as Cheeniya knows, i eat, drink, play cards, look at pretty ladies,which is a sure shot formula to the so called Hell, for which i am always ready.:biglaugh:rotfl

Lovely blog and sorry i went overboard with my long comments.

Regards

kamal

2. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Justlikethat :)) I am glad you liked this post !!!

Cheers,
    Sujatha

3. sujathaumakanth

Ha ha Kamalji, it is exactly this kind of thou-shalt-obey-only-my-commandments God that I am not too fond of :))

As Sri Uncle says, divinity is different to different people according to their perceptions!! Guess you and I belong to the kind who like a fairer and kinder world with religion taking a backseat. As for hell, am sure we will find plenty of company, dont worry :))

I welcome your comments dear Kamalji, so please keep them coming.

Have a nice day,
    Sujatha

4. sujathaumakanth

Dear Sobhi,

Thanks for your lovely feedback. I am not totally against rituals, but I guess I am of the opinion why dont we invest that time and money on something more useful to mankind. My mother used to do expensive poojas for my birthday every year - but a few years ago, she came to know that I was not very keen on such things. So instead nowadays on my birthday she provides a meal for any orphanage. I was so glad when I heard that. It was within her capacity to bring about this change - instead of a ritual that would have just cheered her up, she is now doing something that makes me also happy and a few other hungry kids also satisified. That's all is needed to make a difference in people's lives :)

Having said that, I am never against rituals or other customs - as you said it is to bring some order and peace in our lives. But I guess each one to what works out best for them :)

Cheers,
    Sujatha

5. sujathaumakanth

Dear Pankajini,

Luv to hear your feedback :)) Thanks heaps !!!

Hugs,
    Sujatha

6. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

dear sujatha,

a wonderful post!! thank god i didnt miss it:cheers