Religion and Spirutualism-The Twelve Azwars- Peyazwar

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Nov 29, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Poikai Azwar and Puthathazwar had entered this world in the year Siddharthi, in the month of Aippasi on stars ThiruONam and Avittam. Subsequently Peyazwar entered this world the next day after Puthathazwar on Sathaya star. He was found on a Sevvalli pushpam in Mayilai in a well at the temple of AdiKesava PerumaL He was the amsam of the sword of Lord Vishnu which is known as Nandakam. The Srivaishnava sect was really blessed for the three Azwars entered this world one after the other and showed through bhakthi, mukthi could be attained. Peyazwar was so much devoted to Lord Thirumal that he would sing, dance and even cry that looked funny. His state is described as, “Azuvan, thozuvan, aaddi kaNpan, paadiyalayaRRUvan, kaalaazum, nenjaziyum," Hence he got the name Peyazwar.

Peyazwar had composed 100 pasurams and they are compiled as MunRam ThiruvaNthathi. How and where three Azwars happened to meet is very interesting. They all met Thirumazisai Azwar when all of them traveling together to divya desams. Thirumazisai Azwar’s previous name was Siva Vakyar and he was following saiva siddhanta. He had even studied Sakya and Samana siddhantas. Peyazwar had changed him to Thirumal devotee and later he was known as Thirumazisai Azwar
    Peyazwar had composed pasurams praising the Lords situated at the following divya daesams.
    1.Thiurvarangam 2. Thirukudanthai 3. ThiruviNNakar 4. ThirumaliruNsolai 5. Thirukoshtiyur 6. Thiruparamapatham 7. ThirupaRkadal 8. Thiruvenkatam 9. Thirukadikai 10. Thiruvalli-keni
    11. Thiru Vekka 12. Thirupatakam 13. ThiruVeLukkai 14. ThiruAttabuyakaram

The three Muthalazwars first meeting took place at Thirukovalur. We’ll see it next time.

Peyazwar Thiruvadikale SaraNam!

to be continued

sindmani likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mrs. Pushpavalli,
    nice to know about 'Peyazwar' and how he derived that name and also about his 'paasurams'.
    Waiting to see the meeting of the 'Mudhal Alwars".

sriniketan

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mrs.Pushpavalli
    Thanks for writing about Peyazwar. Isnt it incredibly interesting that the Azwars entered this world one after another. I have one "complaint" fr you. I could not believe you could stop writing just aftr mentioning the meet of the three Muthalazwars. How I wish you could have continued for some ?? more time. waiting to hear about this meeting! I can only imagine how it would have been. Those people of that time were blessed to walk the earth wit these great saints and even witness such a meet. (sorry for the complaint) Thanks for the font. Please continue.

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sriniketan,
    Thank you for your prompt FB. Really the muthal azwars first meeting is very interesting. I am experiencing the azwars aruli seyal with you all. Really it is a very interesting experience for me.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear AC,
    As you say people who lived those days were really blessed. Muthalazwas meeting took place on a rainy night in total darkness. They were not even able to see each other! But all three discussed about Thirumal's Kalyana gunankal and composed pasurams. And the rest of the story is enchanting!

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for writing specially for me as I could not wait to hear about it. Dear Pushpavalli. Is it not interesting that they discussed Thirumal's kalayana gunankal and composed pasurams. There was no need for external light when their insides glowed by the devotion to God. Indeed those times and people were blessed. If I had a choice of birth I would like to be a stone in that wall to bear witness to Lord's greatness. Thanks again.

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear PS,
    Nice to know about Peyialwar.... Great write ups... I have read alot on the Nayanmars and lot of other great people... But I have not read on Alwars... Love to know more...

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

dear Vysan,
    Thank you for peeping in and for your interest to know about the Azwars. Azwars taught people that through prapatti ( SaraNagathi Thathvam) Mukthi could be achieved. Azwars pasurams are praised as Tamil Marai and AruLi seyal.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli