1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Relieving Stress

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Sabitha, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Sabitha

Sabitha Gold IL'ite

hi ILs, I came to know the following information from one of the site, so i want to share with you.

Tips for Relieving Stress

[JUSTIFY]Stress has become the cause of many illness in modern times. Both physical health and mental health are interconnected. Happiness[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY] is an outstanding characteristics of mental well being. According to the American Institute of Stress, “there are numerous emotional and physical disorders that have been linked to stress including depression, anxiety, heart attacks, stroke, hypertension, immune system disturbances that increase susceptibility to infections, a host of viral linked disorders ranging from the common cold and herpes to AIDS and certain cancers. In addition stress can have direct effects on the skin and can contribute to insomnia and degenerative neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease. In fact, it’s hard to think of any disease in which stress cannot play an aggravating role or any part of the body that is not affected.”

Here are a few practical tips which you can apply in your life to reduce your stress. I have personally applied many of the tips given below and have had positive outcomes.

Take a nutritious diet which is very important for both physical and mental health. Include lot of fresh organic fruits, vegetables, pulses, sprouts in your diet.

Take up a hobby (anything you like) besides your profession as it is a great way to relieve your stress. For example, if you love plants, you can take up gardening as it will help to you to relax and de-stress.

Listen to any music of your choice as it helps you to relax.

Go for an early morning walk and enjoy the fresh air,the birds chirping, the greenery, the beautiful sunrise. It is a sure way to de-stress yourself. You will forget yourself in nature’s wonders.

Practice deep abdominal breathing as will keep your stress hormones down. When you inhale your stomach should bulge out, when you exhale it should go in. You can practice for a few minutes daily.

Practicing yoga is found to be effective in relieving stress and anxiety. Savasana or the corpse pose relaxes the body thoroughly.

Do some form of exercise regularly as it helps to turn down the production of stress hormones.

Practicing meditation is also a great way to relieve stress but it needs practice.

Take an occasional break from your routine work and enjoy a lovely holiday.

Massage is a great way to de-stress yourself. Have a massage with essential oil or a warm scented bath.

Light a candle, have a bubble bath, put on some soothing music, enjoy the rain, in other words indulge yourself in small pleasures of life.

Sleep is very essential for the body as it is rejuvenating and helps us to relax .

Laughter is the best medicine. Watch a humorous movie, crack jokes which is a great way to de stress.

Don’t bottle up your emotions, share it with a trusted friend or write it in a piece of paper and tear it .

Plan your day well, be organized and practice time management techniques.

Learn to forgive others and forgive yourself.

Be optimistic as it helps to lower stress.

Always remember it is easy to change ourselves rather than trying to change someone else. Learn to accept realities.

Try to follow the advice in Reinhold Niebuhr’s, serenity prayer, “Grant me the courage to change the things I can change, the serenity to accept the things I can’t change, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.”
    (Source -wikiquote.org)

Love yourself the way you are and be stress free and happy in life.

[/JUSTIFY]
    source from healthbeautytips.net

1 person likes this.

2. Sabitha

Sabitha Gold IL'ite