1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Reliable mixie and wet grinders to buy in us or bring from India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by poo243, Mar 20, 2014.

1. poo243

poo243 New IL'ite

Hi,
    we are moving to usa as a family by June. We've been living in the uk for more than 3 years. I already have a preethi mixie and elgi grinder. But it's 230 v.. I've just found out in us it's 110volts.. So should I buy new 110v mixie n grinder from India or just come to usa and buy them there considering the weight. Suggestions plz!

and also could you suggest a brand tats got a longer life.

And one more query, we have an iMac here tats 2 years old. Can I bring tat to usa by flight? Or just sell it n buy a new one there?

Many thanks,
    poo243

2. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Hi,

It purely depends on your travel convenienece. Here in USA i have a Preethi mixie(bought it from India -110 V) and Premier (1.5 Lts) wet grinder bought in USA because of the weight issue.
    Both does a great job and i use very often.

1 person likes this.
  3. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

i have a premier mixie 110v and ultra pride grinder got from India about 7 years back and both are good, i use the mixie atleast 3 times a week and grinder every week.

But my cousin uses the local blender here and it does the job as well. For small portions, we can use the coffee grinder, but only thing is you cannot wash it or use for wet grinding..

1 person likes this.
  4. kn543

kn543 Bronze IL'ite

When I was in the US I took a Preeti Eco Plus mixer from India (110v) It was great for grinding wet and dry items. Idly batter was not smooth like we get in grinder. Then I bought a second (maybe even third) hand sowbaghya wet grinder from a friend. It was great but a little noisy if you are used to Ultra wet grinder. I sold both these when I moved to India. I then again moved to Canada, this time I got the Sowbaghya grinder (110v) from India and thought I can buy a local blender here for grinding my small quantity dry stuff. But even the local blenders if you want a good quality costs more that $40. So I bought butterfly mixer with two jars (110v) from amazon. Both work great. I personally trust/ prefer the Indian mixers than the local blenders for the value for money we get.

If you order from amazon it would cost you the same amount as in India. So check that out. You get almost all indian appliances in amazon these days and the shipping and return policy is great. Instead of worrying about the product in transit you can order it online and get it. My two cents :)

5. sreena12

sreena12 Senior IL'ite

Poo243

Guess it should be fine. You get converters here. Nothing to worry!