1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sampar, Jul 22, 2018.

1. sampar

sampar New IL'ite

I dont know if I can lost this here. I created a new id and it says i dont have privelegesbut i desperately need help. Am scaref

Mine is a love marriage.. But my husband is not at all interested in physical relationship. We are married for 6 years. We met physically at the max 10 times. He doesn’t even kiss, hold or show any kind of interest.. He has denied any and all medicql help. His parents use really harsh words or harsh doings to hurt me. I feel so suffocated in this relationship. I feel i am caged i feel i cant break out. I feel may be dying is my only solution. I feel i might do something rash like a attempting suicide. I have a daughter of 4 years. Only because of her I am controlling myself. But I am slipping. The feelings of depression are so intense. I am scared. I am scared. I am scared. Please please please help me

I dont want to die but i am feeling so helpless, weak, tired, scared and and anxious.nights like this when i talk to him about my problems he gets angry tht am telling the problems and he becomes even distant. He doesn't even assure me with a pat pn the back. I am craving for a hug. Just a friendly hug. I try to hug him he gets free from me and sleepz by turning other side. Whenever i tell my problem he says we will discuss. But that discussion never happens. Its getting suppressed in me and is coming out like lava from a volcano. I just can't handle.

GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

OP,
    I understand how difficult it must be for you. Please speak to some family members or a close friend and seek help. Can any of them communicate with your husband? The second option for you would be to speak to a Psychiatrist or a counsellor. Most major hospitals will have them or you may meet them in private at their clinics. Talking to others will definitely help you to see the possibilities. In that sense you have made a good beginning. There are also telephonic and online suicide prevention centres. Even they can give you a listening ear and guide you. Where are you located, in India or abroad?

For 6 years how could you keep quiet? At least with your parents or siblings you should have communicated your issues. Just a couple of days ago, a similar issue was discussed. Someone provided helpful links too. Let me try and post that link here. In the meantime, keep a positive outlook and let us hope for some help.

Please check this link: Fed Up Of Life

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

shravs3 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. sampar

sampar New IL'ite

Thank you very much Geeta.

I am in India. First year of my marriage he was little interested in trying out things. After my delivery he became very distant.my daughter tirns 5 very soon and in these 5 years We might have done just 5 times. I have tried talkimg to him multiple times, i tried initiating it multiple times. But it aleays ends bad with him refusing point black. He refused help from counselor as well. I dont feel comfortable telling this to my parents or siblings. Inlaws would take pleasure in my plight.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

Mistt, OP had posted this under the above under the original relationship...thread as she didn't have privileges. She posted her matter on Sunday and till now there were no responses. So, I requested Cheeniya Sir to create a separate thread so that she gets visibility and responses.

Mistt and shravs3 like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

Does he have any health issue (incurable!) that he is hiding from you? For the first few months or years, it would be a private matter. Now that the issue has gone beyond the patience limits, you please talk it out. The prime of your life is getting affected and you say that yours is a love marriage; definitely something is amiss.

shravs3 likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

8. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Usual advises for this are..
    Talk to him
    Take initiative
    Get medical help or counselling - he’s refused
    Some even advises to be patient n wait for him to change
    - and you have truly tried everything. So no one can say you didn’t try hard or lack of patience.

According to your words, your in laws or parents can’t help you either.

So now the only option left is for you to take control of your own life. If you are contemplating suicide for a person who doesn’t care about you, why not ‘Power up’ for yourself n your kid n live strong.

Get a job n get financial freedom, you can also get a job in a different city. This freedom n distance might either fix your marriage or make things clear for you about your marriage about whether it will ever be fixed or if it will never change. Then you can decide what to do. N if you are living in a different city or country, you also get extra freedom. Show your child that you are a strong mother n not a person who’s scared of life or living.

messedup and yellowmango like this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op.... please get some help first.
    Find a doctor to help you with depression .
    Anyone in your place would be depressed too.
    Once you feel better ,then you can start thinking about the rest.

For the sake of your little child, get some help.
    Till then talk to your parents.
    Why are you not talking to them ?
    They are your parents?
    Tell them about how you are feeling and having bad thoughts. Go to them and spend some time with them.
    They will be thankful that you are seeking their help.
    Talk to them.Talk to your siblings.

DDream likes this.
  10. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Deleted

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018