1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

My daughter would fall between the mosquito net and the bed and then slowly slide out. I used to keep soft rug around the bed for soft landing . Twice we found the elder one sleeping under the bed in the morning.:)

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

What a beautiful memory....

Once my DD (she was only 10 months then) fell into the laundry basket, which was placed near the bed. The bed was like this, so young kids can fall from either end [​IMG]
    Even to this date, my H used to grab his blanket and sleep in the floor, as we 3 would be kicking him down, while rolling in the bed in sleep.

3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

@yellowmango Your bedtime stories are hilarious ! Dedicating the sarkaylo khatiya jaada lage song to you !

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

It is really cold today.:)

Archanaanchan and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @ashima10 for the wishes/prayers.

6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Where did I say this? :icon_writing::grazy::confundio1:

Any quote or thread reference? I hardly venture in relationship forums, where could I have said this. :eek:o_O

I have (ahem, ahem, ahem) considerably sharp memory on every post I made. Would it be possible for you to provide a reference of that ‘exact’ message. Perhaps, I meant it in a sandboxed context or it has an undertone in the original post which is decontextualised in your standalone allusion.

Where did you source that inference from? Any pointer. Anyway, for the record, you have utterly misinterpreted something I have written somewhere. No, I don’t rigidly subscribe to that ‘until it is right’ ideology.

Doubt: Is that ‘Ira’ me or someone else? I think ‘green thingy’ reference pointers are good to avoid such ambiguity over snipped usernames.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Archanaanchan and Rihana like this.
  7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

@Ragini25

Here is something you might find amusing and insightful, though a tedious descant from the above inquiry. I hope you take it in the right spirit. I don't know who that Ira is. That stout observation of yours could have been worded

as: I think this approach is good, either do it right, or stay without all knotting and legally wedded and blah, until it is right for you. Dont get in coz of the 'age factor'.

from: Ira's approach is good, either do it right, or stay without all knotting and legally wedded and blah, until it is right for you. Dont get in coz of the 'age factor'.

Unless you can cite a reference in the enclosed context, it is best to avoid such vague name-dropping. This fallacy is called 'argument from authority', also called an 'appeal to authority', or couched in origin Latin as argumentum ad verecundiam. Remember, that grinning doctor wearing a lab coat in Pepsodent and Closeup toothpaste advertisements. These plausible trappings add appeal and credibility to an otherwise flat statement. Though I cannot think of any reason, if that Ira is me, why would that ramp up any kind of appeal for I have no merit or standing in relationship forum. Pump up strength in your own voice and conviction for you are a reasonably gritty and sensible member. You need no such (borrowed) crutch. Again, I hope you take it in the right spirit.

Archanaanchan and Laks09 like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Ragini25 please consider responding to Ira's request and quote the post where you think she expressed those views. Quote it in the "Building Mutual Respect & Equality in Marriage" thread itself. It is a sticky thread and will not get buried under new threads, and such decontextualized paraphrase without quote will be read for longer than in other threads. Thank you.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

That was my understanding based on posts I had read.
    If it is not, then it is not, and the understanding stands edited, now based on direct correction made from the horse's mouth in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Meri pyaari Ragini,

I am also sensitive to extremely hyper sensitive people who cannot seem to desensitise from lapses in sensitiveful approaches in dealing with sense and sensibility in a sensitiveless world.

You wanna say or continue something, yahan boliye ji. Kyun aap admin ko itna confuse karey. You are so pyaari for bumping the thread. Muchas Gracias!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.