1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

@Ragini25
    Hope and wish things get better on home front.
    Take care.

@Rihana
    What! Seperate blankets:eek:!for married couple??? Blasphemy!!!:rolleyes:
    Never slept in seperate blankets after marriage if we were in the same place.
    Sleeping in the same blanket is one of the best part of being a couple ( for us) and I don't mean anything naughty. I love winters and quilts.

Even when mil handed us seperate quilts at her place,we ended up in one with the other one staying folded much to her annoyance :) She thinks her son doesn't get to sleep ' khulla khulla' like he did before marriage. Little does she know her son will have a mental breakdown if I ever suggest taking away the single blanket good feeling . He won't even have separate towels between us.

My parents also always had single blanket policy.
    Inlaws have a very liberal seperate blankets and very often seperate bedroom policy because their temperature settings are totally different.:yum:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    ashima10 and Vandhuamma like this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

That's very romantic.

We have tried that initially, but I felt satisfied when I am left to sleep on my own ;)
    I would roll all over the bed, and eventually grab 90% of the blanket to myself, leaving almost nothing to my H.
    Because of this, either I had to stay awake throughout night, or consciously sleep :(
    I feel, it is better to hand-over a separate blanket to him, and sleep with mine without bothering about anything.

Even I don't share a blanket with my kiddo. Both of them have only my genes, and it is impossible to expect a some space under their blankets at nights.

yellowmango likes this.
  3. yellowmango

@SGBV
    My fondest memories are of all four of us in the same blanket specially on cold afternoons . Alas! The kids are too big now .But even now they make concessions and we have movie nights in the same blanket.

The younger one is always keen to snuggles between us in our blanket during winters.:kissingheart:

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

We have all such great memories of all 4 of us in the same blanket, watching TV or movies. Specially during our family trips, and spending our evenings in the hotel this way.
    But I can't imagine the same while we are in sleeping mode. Specially me and the kiddos.

5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks YM! It's been quite rough and continuing to be so. Thanks for the wishes.

Oh cool. Did you have separate bedroom (as a kid) since very young too? Did your parents stay with in-laws? (Maybe that makes a difference)- back then most folks lived in with inlaws, and if so , and if only 2 bedrooms or smaller house, then physical space for separate rooms for kids wasn't available.

6. yellowmango

Nuclear family .
    Always seperate sleeping space .
    I remember once we stayed in a very temporary accomodation ( very common ,till one gets a bigger accomodation ) ...we had one bedroom and an outer covered space that worked as a living come dining room . We ,the kids used to sleep in the living room at night.

Even we have lived in temporary one bedroom situations but have always made little sleeping corners for kids outside of our bedroom .

Inlaws have lived a similar life but always preferred the seperate blanket and if possible seperate bedrooms in extreme temperature times.:)

May be that is why their( in laws) kids are overly ' chipku' in their sleeping arrangement with their spouses.;). It is like they have taken it as a life lesson from their parents. Sleep close,stay close.

nandinimithun likes this.
  7. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

@Ragini25 hope the personal turmoil that you are facing soon perishes and you come out of it happy hearty and brave .

I too took the liberty of having thoda sa fun . The only explanation I have is I like reading you :)

Wishes ,
    Ashima :)

8. yellowmango

@Ragini25
    The kids did sleep with us when they were very young. The older one was too young to sleep alone + issues with getting a younger sibling and the younger one was too young. So we all slept together with an assortment of stuffed toys in the bed.:( I used to wake up with a sore body .

But we had a 2 bedroom house and we used to take our amorous activities to the other room and then come back to sleep with the brood.;)

Inhope that is not too much information for you :)

ashima10 likes this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha.... you are no different from many of us, who have 2 young kids

10. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I never knew there has to separate blanket for me and him! :)

With Mom& dad, we three are above 25, I am married. Elder bro is is going to be soon...looking.
    when we go home we snuggle with mom still fighting who will sleep beside her ( only afternoon naps, dunno why ! ). Personally i dont find any pleasure but brothers do and then i want it too.Dad gets up and goes to our room to sleep. Frustrated off course at times.

Now this Holi i will be going with my daughter (11 months almost ) ..and our main group conversations are will my dad take her to our room along with him...because she is too small to fight for her space. :p

there has been an incident where i fell down because my younger bro pushes the bed which was joined just to separate me from mom.( i was doing MBA and they were in colg )

Ahh...those times......

yellowmango likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.