1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Blinky, Safe travels...

Here is a guy who went to Tuva because it had triangular postage stamps, and they did throat singing over there. AAalab in deep baritone.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Blinky,

I am looking forward to hearing exciting trip experiences. If you are a man, I would have recommended Cannes, France. My wife and I were blown away by the dress sense and appearance of women in this place. That must be declared the world's most fashionable women on earth.

Viswa

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

He (11:50 AM): I am thinking of getting XYZ for the kid for Christmas, do you like this? shall we get it?
    Me (11:52 AM): perfect, get it. Not sleeping? no work tonight?
    He (11:52 PM): I am going back to sleep.

I dont text him back.

He (12 noon): I think this LOL doll looks very nice. shall we get it for daughter?
    Me (12:01): yes...
    He: Why are yu texting me...I need sleep. I want to go back to sleep.

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Have it all and won’t help the others. This is like the desis who won’t “allow” h4 spouses to have Ead because they’ve crossed that bridge!
    It’s a process. I’ve to spend days on it to get something out of it. You piqued my interest with the link. I’ll study!

Sunshine04 likes this.
  5. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

I have many travel questions. Help me out here. First, the straightforward doubt.

Buddhimati stays in US and is visiting India. She intends to shop in India via Amazon. What are her options with a US Amazon account?

1. She logins to amazon.in while in India, changes/adds the shipping address to local address (Bolanath apartment, Jantar Mantar street) with the user account still linked to her US bank account and payment in rupees fx-ed from dollars.
    2. She logins to amazon.in while in India, changes/adds the shipping address to local address (Bolanath apartment, Jantar Mantar street) and selects payment on delivery cash option available for Prime customers. She does not shop the items where this feature is unsupported.
    3. She creates a new domestic account in amazon.in while in India with shipping address to local address (Bolanath apartment, Jantar Mantar street) linking it to her Indian bank account.

How do NRIs like Buddhimati shop on Amazon India? Clues please.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Amulet likes this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

pocahontas and Amulet like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I like this question. I just went in and created an account. They can send verify-code to foreign phone numbers.

Welcome to the forum. I want to see the answers to your questions by people who'd done this before.

8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I have Amazon.com account linking to bank in USA. I can login using the same in amazon.in. it will be charged to usa credit card. When buying things you can check whether the product will be shipped to the postal pincode you are interested.
    If you want to use Indian credit card, I think you need to give that info in anazon.in. go to account settings and you can do it.
    So far I am happy with their service in India and usa.

BhumiBabe and Amulet like this.
  9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

I was stymied at that OTP. Good to know the pin is texted to preferential contact rather than local contact.

I was mucking around for first-hand experience on how NRIs purchased on regional Amazon sites with global account. Based on your input and from others:

One global account --> optional set up of currency cards --> multiple shipped addresses.

However,
    • US resident (by default: amazon account is global account) -- India (site login) -- US card -- India delivery -- Allowed
    • US resident (by default: amazon account is global account) -- India (site login) -- India card -- India delivery -- Allowed
    • US resident (by default: amazon account is global account) -- US (site login) -- US card -- India delivery -- Restricted
    • US resident (by default: amazon account is global account) -- US (site login) -- India card -- India delivery -- Restricted

Though kindle purchases on Amazon multi-currency account downloaded onto the same device are slightly trickier/restricted to honor publisher copyright. But it's all e-paper, so not sure why there's such price fluctuation in e-books across the markets.

I have a feeling ...

US resident (by default: amazon account is global account) -- India (site login) -- US/India card -- US kindle device -- May Be Restricted

... to disallow the download of Rs. 250 priced e-Book in Indian market of the corresponding $11 priced book in US market.

Thank you, ladies.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Not exactly true with modern science.

And besides, a very strange comment to make....especially when we are a week away from Christmas, the day to celebrate the birthday of a baby who was allegedly conceived without any sex :p, and a huge number of people have bought into that.

yellowmango likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.