1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes, as politics go, it is fair game.

But, in general, I view as not fair such going public many years after the act, and when the man is on the brink of something big. Man gets tried in the media, court of public opinion, without even half a chance of presenting his side, and no matter what he says, it is an uphill almost un-surmountable battle.

Such things are needed in politics, and if one eschews them, maybe one is at a disadvantage. But, it also dilutes the whole essence of the #MeToo.

===========
    Obama issuing a direct hit at Trump recently... not nice. Former presidents have to maintain a certain dignity and let the president be. Especially, the immediate predecessor.

butterflyice and Laks09 like this.
  2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Trump has been entirely devoid of dignity in his own behavior, so again fair game.

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Girls,
    We get prodded and manhandled in busses in India. At temples. At any crowded venues. We do overcome such things, don't we? I was really surprised with the lady who came forward now. Apparently, this incident with a drunk boy has come up in couples therapy years later. Maybe we are desensitized to the whole thing.
    My white girlfriends think very differently. They are appalled at this and can empathize with the woman and the effects such behaviors have years later. I was kind of surprised to hear that viewpoint from multiple people. I can see it both ways.
    I was even more surprised that some of the Republican senators want to hear the accusor out. It's hard to fathom for me but looks like they are taking it seriously.

I too felt Obama shouldn't have stooped down to the mudslinging orangey's level. Didn't like it at all.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You make an excellent point. In India and many other countries women grow up with a certain level of misbehavior from some men in public, and we learn from an early age how to cope. But it was mostly low-level and petty harassment, though that seems to be changing in India too now. Here we don't have to worry about getting groped on buses and trains but things do go on behind the scenes at work and other places.
    As for this accuser, I don't know what to think. Was it just a youthful lapse of judgement under the influence, since the judge appears to have behaved ever since. However the GOP's protests ring somewhat hollow given the glee with which they went after Clinton re Lewinsky, which was two consenting adults.

Laks09 likes this.
  5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I love these threads! Can we get a News & Politics chat thread, too? Pretty please?

6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

How interesting! Hadn't ever heard about this stretch of holy water. Anika had better head south pronto! :wink1: Like so many of our rivers, looks as if the Shokanashini has also been dammed into near oblivion. Who is left to redeem this river of salvation?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Rihana likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What are you saying? Didn’t the river flood the entire palakkad town’s east side recently? Was it west? Shaayad north tha!!!! Anyway, wasn’t that the river?

8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I was going by some Google results lamenting the depleted water table around the river, but oh yes! Those recent floods. The nashini spreading shoka of her own? Hey Ram, hey Ram.:eek:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Laks09 likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deleted.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.