1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I have a question. Why Indian family laws don't allow ' Joint custody' like in USA. But the custody will be given to one parent most of the time.I have head about visitation right. But most of the time father get married soon and neglect his kids. If its there, the kids wont miss parents or fatherly figure in case their mother get primary custody.

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I believe in segregating duties especially when small kids are present with nanny... if you burden nanny with house work when kids are present .. then she will only be doing house work and not nanny work.

one option is the timings for light work are different than nanny work like arriving at 5 finish up house work and then be with kids from 6-8. pay also should be accordingly decided.

If the kids are big and don’t need nannying , then you are just looking for house helper with work hours similar to times with kids are at home ....

Rihana likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Just like Me too movement!

Amica and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:clapclap:

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Amica welcome back. This return is more like your usual return. The previous one was too brief.

- Just observant, not a stalker. :lol:

Amica likes this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Wait! How does an atheist get roped into prep for a religious event?! :)

May I suggest telling messy guest that an infection is being passed around the family and guest bathroom is the only safe one. It might even shorten duration of visit. :p :smilingimp:

PS: Many years ago, one of our houseguests from India got offended because I cleaned our bathroom daily. "Roz roz saaf karne ki kya zaroorat hai?" :)

Sunshine04 and Rihana like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yeh un dinon ki baat hai... : ) known the organizer for decades. Got a summons by whatsapp.. cannot ignore. : )

Amica likes this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, @Rihana. I missed you, too. And stalk away, I know I do. :D

9. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I .maybe a little late in replying but was going through others replies to this query..even I face issue in maintaining wash rooms when frequent guests keep visiting.. I'm in India and it's very common here to wash feet after using the loo..so entire bathroom floor becomes wet and slippery..and people come from outside to wash feet under tap means the mud stains stay in floor till cleaned.. most people are sensible enough not to use attached bathroom of bed room of young married couple..but not always..
    I like suggestions given by others like putting the child toilet seat in one bathroom and saying that it's meant exclusively for the kid or kids as the case maybe as they get upset when bathroom gets wet or if others use or for hygiene purpose as they catch infection easily etc..so they can use one attached to guest room only and you will use yours so maintenance becomes easy...
    Cuting off water supply for one wash room will work as long as it doesn't cause in convenience.. or u can say that the plumbing is faulty and needs to be fixed.. or u can say that apartment society has informed us to restrict use of that wash room as there is some water seepage issue from that wash room to the flat below yours whenever water is poured in floor and that neighbour will complain so not to use till the time it's fixed..
    Or would lock the bathroom door and say that maid is not ready to wash bathrooms or is on leave etc..so keeping one bathroom locked for easy maintenance..
    Or would connect washing machine cum dryer to particular bathroom and keep commode and faucets closed and tell them its exclusively meant for laundry purpose including machine and hand wash so one uses for themselves..
    Or could be upfront and tell that you have a certain routine of cleaning wash rooms according to time table..for each washroom it's a different routine.. each washroom requires different amount if time to dry post cleaning to be ready to use as we prefer dry ones..so please use the one attached to yours so I can clean each one according to my routine depending on how many and often are using particular bathroom..you should make them understand the need to stick to a schedule as you do all the work on your own..this may or may not work.

10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

LOL... eventually all threads get a party pooper....(how is that segue for gently moving away from the toilet assignment topic ?)

I am thinking that life for that cc-TV abused woman would be so easy if Indians can get easy Schengen visa to go to Holland (or Thailand) for a holiday now and then. The foreign travel would tire them out, readjust their priorities, so that they can come home and hit the wife only gently gently. Why aren't women able to appreciate the occasional absences of abusive husbands ? Isn't it a gift ?

The notion to "suck it up and live" is somewhat like satyagraha (October 2nd is the 150th Birth Anniversary of MKG), the ruler beats, and the slave sucks it up and continues doing the whatever, until finally the ruler is too old to care, or leaves the scene altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.