1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Aww RihJi that's so sweet of you. I miss you, too. :hearteyes:

Rihana likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana IL Hall of Fame

So I am getting back in touch with many friends or neighbors after gaps of 20-30 years. This is through 1-1 whatsapp or phone calls. How do such conversations go? I am at a loss sometimes..
    1. How are Aunty/Uncle? (Cannot ask as not sure they are still alive.)
    2. What do you do? (Might not be working for some reason or by choice)
    3. Kids? (Obvious reasons why cannot ask this)
    4. Married? (Again, could be a touchy topic).

After where do you live, how long you've been there, I don't know what to ask.
    I could get some info from mutual friends but conversation is by whatsapp and I am wary of my queries getting forwarded.

It is easier when we get back in touch in a huge group rather than 1-1.

3. SGBV

SGBV Finest Post Winner

Recently, I've got in touch with my school mates after almost 18 years.
    As you said, I was very cautious about asking personal questions like marriage & kids.
    So, we causally went with the flow like talking about common stuff like where are you these days, and what you do/what your spouse do etc... and then jumped to our old memories, school times gossips, teachers and the present details of those common people (teachers, canteen uncle, security guard, school building, that particular city where we studied etc)
    After a while, when we got into personal with each other (in private chats), we were comfortable enough to share the personal details.

Beware, 2 of them became widows before 40, and one is doing extremely bad in life with young kids, no job

Life goes on

4. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Ladies wanted to share something here
    I am feeling very de motivated lately. nothing catches my attention, no more curiosity in anything. i have stopped calling my friends and dont speak much with my husband.
    I do my duties at home and then spend time watching videos or some useless stuff. i dont know what to do in my free time. i am actually tired of myself and not happy that i hv not achieved anything in life. i dont hv any confidence in myself about being capable to do anything else other than being a home maker.