1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Aww RihJi that's so sweet of you. I miss you, too. :hearteyes:

Rihana likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So I am getting back in touch with many friends or neighbors after gaps of 20-30 years. This is through 1-1 whatsapp or phone calls. How do such conversations go? I am at a loss sometimes..
    1. How are Aunty/Uncle? (Cannot ask as not sure they are still alive.)
    2. What do you do? (Might not be working for some reason or by choice)
    3. Kids? (Obvious reasons why cannot ask this)
    4. Married? (Again, could be a touchy topic).

After where do you live, how long you've been there, I don't know what to ask.
    I could get some info from mutual friends but conversation is by whatsapp and I am wary of my queries getting forwarded.

It is easier when we get back in touch in a huge group rather than 1-1.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Recently, I've got in touch with my school mates after almost 18 years.
    As you said, I was very cautious about asking personal questions like marriage & kids.
    So, we causally went with the flow like talking about common stuff like where are you these days, and what you do/what your spouse do etc... and then jumped to our old memories, school times gossips, teachers and the present details of those common people (teachers, canteen uncle, security guard, school building, that particular city where we studied etc)
    After a while, when we got into personal with each other (in private chats), we were comfortable enough to share the personal details.

Beware, 2 of them became widows before 40, and one is doing extremely bad in life with young kids, no job

Life goes on

Rihana likes this.
  4. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Ladies wanted to share something here
    I am feeling very de motivated lately. nothing catches my attention, no more curiosity in anything. i have stopped calling my friends and dont speak much with my husband.
    I do my duties at home and then spend time watching videos or some useless stuff. i dont know what to do in my free time. i am actually tired of myself and not happy that i hv not achieved anything in life. i dont hv any confidence in myself about being capable to do anything else other than being a home maker.

5. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

@DDream i admire the way you put forward your opinion in the partner thread. very well written with neat flow of thoughts and positive approach .

DDream and shravs3 like this.
  6. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Wow...Just amazing...parking the following quoted post here just in case it gets deleted over there. Does "I cherish that aspiration he is responsible in the amateur me, to promote my private growth, while he outshines in education and language and is quite a coveted paragon." mean a girl wants to be sweet talked on to the family way by some kind of popular professor type?

Laks09 likes this.
  7. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Hopi, do you recall the bar meet-up, a zippy and fast-talking repartee, between Deadpool and his girlfriend. Communication aisa hona chahiye, in a breathless battle of the wits. That's my cherished communication.

Yeh professor-type ke chottu-bittu straight-laced men are uninteresting because a single woman is the hardest to be loved for she's so independent and self-sufficient that it takes something extraordinary, like a super-hero in webbed costume, hanging upside-down, to convince her that she needs him in her life.

Laks09 likes this.
  8. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

@Hopikrishnan, for a second, I suspected you were hinting at 'Ball of Fire'.
    (If not, that happens to be one of my favsy screwball comedy films.)

upload_2020-12-11_0-31-13.png

Laks09 likes this.
  9. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

That Bonnie T, with the choir and the burning tabernacle, asks for too much. They all ought to stop the Absinthe habit.
    In real life, when girls/boys start with a fetish about words, they grow up to couples in middle age, working on crossword puzzles at the breakfast table.
    I thought that the long post about words and expressions etc. was something to decipher. And get to the real meaning.
    Like this cartoon about road trips and rest-room stops <source: facebook>.
    [​IMG]
    No ball of fire. Not familiar with that movie. However, an old song has this lyric line "Trying to look like Gary Cooper". He must have been the thing in his time.

Laks09 likes this.
  10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Tell me about it , a mix of banshee and biblical outcry at not having confronted the elusive hero. I thought of posting an audio link, but was compelled to post the original video in its Wilkie Collin's costume to be celebrated.

Hehe! The cartoon seems to be straight out of some Groening's riff on Sartre's work.

Language has sustained in the checklist even in modern romances as observed by Aziz Ansari and Eric Klinenberg.

Girls and boys in match-up swipes pay close attention to textual deficiencies, like faulty grammar and careless typos, even in their sparse format despite pictures being dominant in the layout. Blurry language turns off these millennials more than anything, contrary to their everyday shorthand skills in texting.

Woh zamana bhi tha, falling in love over youthful poetry leading to middle-age crossword puzzles aur yeh zamana bhi hai smitten by longhand which is such a novelty in the twitter age.