1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Link to previous version.

Relationship Hijack and Banter... apt title for Relationship forum chatter thread. :smiley:
    But alas it shortens to... Rehab. :yikes:

Thread to post banter and chatter that would hijack Relationship threads...

... a place for all such thoughts and chatter related to Relationships forum.

BhumiBabe, Amica, shravs3 and 5 others like this.

2. Rihana

The other day my much-younger friend texted me frustrated with some from-Mars behavior by her husband. She used inelegant language to describe him and what he did. I was reminded of this thread where the OP requested members to kindly not refer to her husband as an **hole. :grinning:

It is interesting how a woman can have the strongest complaints about her husband, but if others call him names, she will leap to his defense. I wonder if she leaps to "his" defense or that of "her" husband.

Maybe it is because we are told only about their frustrations by OP's in such cases. Beyond that there is also regular life chugging along with small and big joys. A while back there was a post by a member whose morning to night routine of seva for husband and in-laws had many of us seeing red, me included. Then, recently I was searching the forum for tips on annuals versus perennials, and came across the most charming description of that poster planting a hydrangea based on advice/loving prodding from her husband. Domestic felicity comes in all sizes and forms. :kissingheart:

Amica, shravs3, Mistt and 4 others like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I often see the abbreviation DH or dH (I write this way to signify a miniscule sampling at a kink in life-graph, like we do in differential calculus), even in posts that have descriptions of serious abuse by the husband. I had wondered --- would that "d" stand for dastard(ly) ? or still be dear?

Indeevara, Rihana and Vaikuntha like this.
  5. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Ah now finally "Aal iz well" in the IL world

6. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

We need some ReHab Rih! or what do they call it these days? Rehab parties?:grinning:

SinghManisha likes this.
  7. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

This is so true. That’s why many of older generations’ folks will often tell - this is your personal matter, to marriage problems. Their take was, if they interfere, they will be bad guy long after the couple have kissed and patched up.

There is often an unseen ‘pehelu’ side to the OP/ OP’s story.

KayKuyil, SinghManisha and Rihana like this.
  8. Rihana

Will get to it pronto.. starting a positive thread. : ) Perhaps you will approve. : )

Vaikuntha and SinghManisha like this.
  9. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

I used to have a signature line that says “Jets are scrambled and ready to go at the sight of Rel posts”...Which is what happens, the jets are dispatched without the pause of pehelu side, and hence the name calling of **hole (rih used two stars), which shocked the OP :)

10. Rihana

:facepalm::lol: :blush::blush: You counted the stars? : )

ROFL. : )I am reminded of the story of the holy men who were supposed to not touch women.. one helps a woman cross the river. The other two ask him why he helped her and broke the rule..... : )

Oh yee who counts the stars. : )