1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship between mom and daughter after Marriage!!!PLz Advice

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by karthikadinesh, Jun 28, 2014.

1. karthikadinesh

karthikadinesh New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Since there are so many experienced ladies out there with really good expereince in handling relationship situations I would really want to get your suggestions and ideas as to If I am right or wrong.

I was born in a family of Four,have one elder brother,an younger brother and a younger sister.Financially my family is not that strong.Recently my mom has come to US to help me out in my delivery but the truth is my husband is the only bread winner and I am in a dependent visa.Recently I have completely lost my peace of mind my mom expects me to get all the stuffs from here by seeing others indirectly she is been telling others that if my daughter works I can ask like that...

which really hurts me alot and also both my brothers are earning decently but not good enough for her.She always complains that I have to help them settle down their carreer which adds alot of pressure on me.because i myself doesn't have a job here.I feel that she is not understanding me she wants me to do everything but i should not expect even basic things.....

Am i thinking too selfishly...friends plz advice.....

2. annabunny

annabunny Silver IL'ite

If I were in your shoes I would let my mother know that the reason I cannot work is because of the visa issues. Simple. When you do finally get a work permit you can start gradually by talking up a part time job and then take it from there.
    Hth.

Regards,
    Annabunny

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  3. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi, there is always a limit to do certain things.I guess your mom is exceeding that limit.
    Your mom thinks because you are living in US ,you have infinite amount of money. Make her understand that here only one person is the bread winner. And about her complains,
    just tell her even I am not settled financially how can I help them to be settled . Do send some nice gifts for your siblings with your mom when she will return.