1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relation Ship With Sii

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by pni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. pni

pni Senior IL'ite

I am trying to talk to my brother's wife over phone. Most of the time, she will say hi, lunchover, how are kids and then give phone to my brother. She will not talk much. I feel sad. She will not talk to my mother and my kids also. Is this the case with your brother's wife. How you maintain relationship in a good way like weekly chat with family and all.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Are they newly married?

3. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

I really suggest you consider two things here.

One is, please give it time. Let her take her own time to decide how she wants to cultivate this relationship. It takes time for anyone to develop this kind of trust with anyone to talk on topics beyond food, routine,weather or sports
    Second, please accept whether she is interested in having any deeper relationship with you or not. It is not her duty to form a close bond with you. She maybe having other friends or other relatives on her side with whom she maybe having this kind of a close bond with. It is really upto her whether she opens her heart out to you or not.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Not everyone is fond of having deeper relationship with the extended family members. Some are introverts and need time to be casual. Some likes to stay private and maintain basic relationship.
    As long as your SIL is decent, respectful and minds her own business, you shouldn't be worried.

If you are interested in building this relationship further, continue to make the effort from your end until she breaks the silence. But don't overdo anything to irritate or discomfort her. Respect her silence, and understand the dynamics from her shoes.