1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relating to Draupadi's situaation ...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by viragini, Apr 10, 2014.

1. viragini

viragini Bronze IL'ite

Watching Draupadi's Vastrapaharan scene yesterday in Mahabharat .. I realised that when Draupadi was going through this horrifying situation , no one was able to protect her or do anything remotely to even support her .. 5 husbands ! Bhishma Drona Krupa Vidura Dhritrashtra , Gandhari Kunti etc etc all are very very powerful .. in the end it was her God who came for her protection ... wondering, are we not in the similar situation ,when we are in distress no one is able do anything , esp when everyone in the family is just treating you with no trust and hatred .. Husband , MIL , FIL ,SIL , parents etc etc .. when such powerful people could not help Draupadi then mortals like PILs Husbands are too weak to expect any support from them .... I guess the solution for our distress is to stop any expectations from our DEAR ones and realise the God in us , get all the strength and stand strong beliving in ourself.
    Prayers , meditation , total submission and love towards God and taking every activity or every relation ship as duty , execute it with duty conscious only with out any expectation of fruits is the only way out. This way nothing can ever bother us. But do we have the strength to practice spirituality in day to day life ... yes with practice we can achieve. Spirituality is not just to read I guess it is to experience to obtain peace and eternal happiness ... what say ? ............ well somewhere I feel when we practice this Krishna/christ/allah (I believe God is one with many names) himself will stand for us. There is a saying in Bhagavad gita .. ananyaschintayanto maam .. who ever keeps thinking of me in every activity I shall take care of all their responsibilities with ease ... this is my first step towards positive thinking in my situation..
    I wonder why look for matches for your son ? then the day marriage is fixed why get so possessive over your son all of a sudden .. my in laws lived in a different city for more than 15 - 20 years , my husband's education and work in a different city but all of a sudden after engagement they relocated.. why develop hatred towards the DIL , who leaves every one and come behind you ... why keep showing every minute that you love your daughter and treat DIL like a step daughter ! why force DIL to have kids soon so that you can ignore and glorify the SIL's kids in front of them ... why create so much difference between son and DIL but go to temples and pray so many God's for well being of daughter's married life ! I have given everything possible .... money jewellery , sarees , self esteem ,affection towards my parents , friendships with my best friends , small small wants, stopped thinking all together and think in their point of view , there is nothing left ...but if I had 1 % of this dedication towards God , I would have attained eternal happiness !

17 people like this.

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi Viragini,

IS it like venting out? though it seems to be, the points which you had mentioned in your post are Accurate !!
    total surrendering to God, no expectations, no likeness in other worldly things are the things Krishna is asking us to follow, if each and every one of follow what Gita says then there will be no Ego, no issues, no unneccessary fights between people.
    The sloka which one you quoted is the most favourite one for me....especially the Chapter 9th itself is my favourite one..thanks for sharing your wonderful views.

3. devibl

devibl Senior IL'ite

Yes you are right viragini ... dont worry your prob will be solved soon.. keep faith in god. try to ignore ur IL behavior .. its hard to do but try to divert yourself.. we cant change anyone but only us .
    God bless you with peace of mind. :)

4. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

HAve you read Palace of illusions. It is basically the Mahabharata from Draupadi's point of view. And while reading that even I thought the same...not one of her five husbands stood up for her.

5. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

in today's day and age draupadi has to fend for herself. God helps those who help themselves. I can take care of all the duryodhan's and dushasans, but the problem arises when arjun becomes a duryodhan.

3 people like this.
  6. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

I really loved your post, you hit the nail on the head. We really have to stop having any expectations of anyone but our God and spirituality to protect us. No one will step up in this day and age for anyone, need to fend for yourself. I too have started putting a lot more of my time into spirituality and less time to toxic thoughts. We and especially me have to have 0 expectations from anyone so that we only have ourself and God to rely on .

7. orchidgb

orchidgb Silver IL'ite

a nice thought provoking post. yes.. what you said is 100% correct. our aim of life is to reach god's feet and nothing else. but we give 100% dedication to our family, parents, work etc but to God we give our devotion 1% and we say i dont have time to say slokas but we have time to see serials, go outing with friends, gossips with others. trying to give 100% devotion to god but i am unsuccessful.....