reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Huma, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

i do believe in reincarnation mostly because i am hindue and secondo i am scared of dying. i do believe also that life is something precious which can't be ending in nothing so what happens when we passed away? do u believe we are born again and again and why?:wave

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Just as a man discards worn out clothes and puts on new clothes, the soul discards worn out bodies and wears new ones.

The theory of reincarnation is a not simple theory of the mind. but actually it has been proved beyond doubt many incidents have come to light, many were able to recollect thier past lives through a process of regression or by other means.

the theory scares some and others refuse to accept it. I believe in it not because of being scared or interest of living...I believe in karma and reincarantion and also that both go hand in hand..

Would like to know the views of others.....

Love,
    shanthi.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2007
    vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

I believe in rebirths. Not just from the point of Karma theory but also from a scientific angle. As a Hindu, as a human who makes many mistakes, I know that I will be reborn and reborn till I work out my Karma. I attended an Art of Living course where they explained rebirth. When one dies physically, the pancha pranas are released. These are energy fields. The body is disposed suitably. But matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed. They have to take other forms. So, they get remoulded into other forms and beings. So rebirth is for sure.But a man may be born as a jelly fish, and a dog as a woman- the form is not specific.

Just yesterday, i was speaking to an astrologer lady who taught me about pranas and blood links. I will ask her for more on this.

regards
    Vidya

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

dear shanvy and vidya
    thanks for ur reply

5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Huma

i agree with Vidya very much, its all a matter of ur karma.

Human life is given to us to improve our 'karma' and attain 'moksha' to get rid of this cycle of birth and rebirth and live with god forever...

if u r not able to attain moksha... u r born again... and you have a purpose for ur new life, u r again given chances to do good deeds and refrain from bad, so one should make the most of the life that has been given to give happiness to others...

take care
    ~Abha

6. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

thanks Abha

7. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Dear Huma,

I see a difference in Re-incarnation and re-birth. I guess all of you are posting about rebirth. Re-incarnation is a divine term and it is the bodily birth of Pure Soul or God to show the right path to God Head. It is because God descends on earth that we still believe in His Concousness.

1 person likes this.
  8. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi lalitha

i read this....... reincarnation is the belief that when one dies, one's body decomposes, but one is reborn in another body. it is the belief that one has lived before and will live again in another body after death.

so what is re-birth then....

could u explain to me?

thank u
    take care

9. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Hi Huma,

There is a difference in Re-birth and Re-Incarnation:

Reincarnation is not a simple physical birth of a person; for instance, 'A' being reborn as a cat in the next life. In this case 'A' possesses an immortal soul which transforms to the form of a cat after my death. This cycle is repeated over and over again. Or if 'A' is lucky, 'A' will be reborn as a human being depending on Karma. This notion of the transmigration of the soul is called Re-birth (You will not remember your previous birth).

People who have served the purpose and have been enlightened re-incarnate sometimes. For instance: The Dalai Lama would re-incarnate (he would remember his previous birth), if Jesus is born again it would be called re-incarnation.

Hope I could clarify the difference.

10. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi lalitha

i see now the difference....thank u for clarify this.

bye