1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reincarnation – A Myth or true??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Shanvy for sharing the links...will look them up definitely...

2. Scorpio707

Alyssum,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....

3. Scorpio707

Indoc...

Glad you posted ...thank you....

4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Scorpio, very interesting thread. Being scorpions, we can't escape from occult sciences. So we are destined to have such thoughts.

I believe in rebirth based on Hinduism. Not because of being religious but it sounds logical to me.

There is a myth that a person gets reborn due to unfulfilled desire. A person gets reborn if the soul has not completed penance of its harmful acts (paap) in previous lives. The problem is we never know what paap is. It is up to God and what his books say. For example, a person may kill a very bad person. According to most people it is justified but according to law it may not be. While a person may kill someone and everyone knows about it, but the law may acquit him due to lack of compelling evidence (remember OJ Simson). So, the common people's law and law of the land can view things differently. Similarly, what we consider paap, may not be paap in God's mind. So, if we harm someone in this life, it may be considered paap by common people but for God it may have been return of the favor as the other may have inflicted harm on us in the previous life. So unless the soul is freed from all these intricacies, rebirth happens.

Another myth is that we are reborn as humans soon after we died. As per Hinduism, this is not always true. We may be born in other forms of life and our soul continues its penance. Why and how and what decides us to be born in Human form, God only knows.

One of the statement Great saints say, is that "We are lucky to be born as humans". I always wondered with 7 billion people around the world what is there to be lucky. But I learned the true meaning later. As per Hinduism, the only way to break lose from the birth/death cycle is using the human life to do acts that are loved by God (Selfless service). As per Gita, a person who remembers God at the time of death, achieve salvation and moksha (free from birth/death cycle). Even though it sounds simple, it is difficult. A person may die in sleep or in coma, or in hospital, or sudden death, etc. Hence, the saints and Gita says to have mind always immersed in God. Kansa and Ravana (whom we all denounce) attained Moksha as they had God in front of them at time of death and before that they constantly thought of Krishna and Rama respectively due to fear. So yes the rebirth cycle continues unless we act in our human life to get free from it.

Spirits i am not sure on. My heart believes but my mind is still skeptical on it.

Hope this helps.

4 people like this.
  5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one S7 - now I get to understand the reason for the love theme poems :)

I don't believe in this - @school age I have been to cremation and burial grounds in the midnight to meet these spirits - none dared to face me, must be the fear to face this living spirit :)

Also have been to those tantriks who are so called spirit masters and challenged them with questions that made them angry - they chased me out of their place :) they too didn't dare to send some spirit to finish me off. :)

2 people like this.
  6. Scorpio707

GG....LOL...I knew you would be the one who to would connect this with the poems :tongue and my guess was right ...well not true :biggrin2: .....

And agree maybe the living spirit definitely was more scary and spooky than the actual one :wink: you probably drove them away talking about "Krimi Bhojan" "Soul Searching" and "Devon ...." :rotfl

2 people like this.
  7. Scorpio707

Akanksha...

Tell me what Scorpion's are not destined for...phew :)

Thanks for the details...was informative and interesting....

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Scorpio, simply put, yes, I do believe in reincarnation and rebirth. Too much evidence pointing in that direction these days to write off as myth.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scorpio707

Spooky and weird isn't it?? That this could be true also...Thanks Satchi for stopping by and posting....

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

No, Scorpio, I don't find it spooky or weird at all, just very intriguing and fascinating. Wish I could have an NDE, so I could see the other world and know about it! Sorry, I might sound crazy, but then that is me. :p

1 person likes this.