1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Regular Health Checkups

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by vv123, Jun 7, 2008.

1. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what kind of regular check ups should a women go through especially mid 20's and 30's

Vidya

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008

2. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

I got my Throid, hemogram and stuff done .. what are the other health check ups to be done.

3. bornfree78

bornfree78 New IL'ite

Hi vv123!

Some regular health check-ups recommended for women between 18-40 are: blood pressure, BMI or waist circumference (for overwieght or obesity), cholesterol, fasting blood glucose: they are aimed at assessing risk of diabetes or cardio-vascular problem. The Indian population is generally considered to be at higher risk of heart disease, so always good to take precautions in terms of check-ups, regular exercise and healthy diet. Some other things to consider (generally for women over 40) are mammograms, pap smears (for someone who is sexually active); I doubt many women in our country get these done regularly. Then of-course it is a good idea to have your shots updated: tetanus, flu, MMR (unless you've already immune to MMR, also contraindicated in pregnancy or if planning to become pregnant.) Stuff like thyroid imbalances is linked with depression, anaemia with fatigue....etc....there is only so much information I can give! The best thing is to tell any specific symptoms (if any!) to your doctor and take that advice.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008