Registering marriage and name change legal procedures ...?

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by acecraze, Sep 6, 2011.

1. acecraze

acecraze New IL'ite

Hello All,

I am an Indian with an Indian passport issued in Kuwait. I am currently in Kuwait on dependent visa with my parents. My wedding is fixed for mid next year and I am super duper excited about it [​IMG] !
    My man will not want to spend much time in India (about 2 weeks) for the wedding functions etc. After the wedding, I want to go to Dubai within 10 days or so. My man will travel to Dubai first (he works there) and apply for my visa for Dubai.

Here are my questions:
    1. If I have a Nikah Nama, how much time would it take for my marriage to be registered officially? What are the steps that I need to do for this?
    2. How much time would my man need to get my visa? I have heard I can come on a visit visa and his company will handle the rest.
    3. I plan to change my name on my passport in Dubai. I heard it will be faster there than doing it in India. If someone has already done this, how much time and what documents are needed for this in Dubai? Also, would this affect my residence visa? Also, should my permanent address then be changed to Dubai or to my man's home in India?
    4. How much time will it take to change my name in my PAN card, ration card etc and how do I go about this? Can I come to India in my next vacation and do this?
    5. Do I need to change my name in educational degrees etc. in order to apply for a job in Dubai?
    Is it possible to have one document that states my marriage and name which I can use instead?

I apologize for asking so many questions bundled into one but this is a little confusing process [​IMG]. I want to ensure I do everything right so I have no legal or identity hassles later.

Looking forward to hearing from you! [​IMG]