Registering as a Working Women

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by HemaNaveen, Mar 29, 2010.

1. HemaNaveen

HemaNaveen New IL'ite

Hi,

Anybody working here under husband visa without work permit. Kindly read out the details below and follow the instructions as it is a new rule at Qatar. I heard that failure to this may lead to penalty of 5,000 QR for both employer and employee.

You should not need to do this if you have been recruited from outside the country. However, if you are already in the country when you are offered a job you are supposed to register as a working women at the Labour department.

You do this after your employer has sent a letter to the Ministry of Civil Service and Housing Affairs, requesting permission to employ you. Once the ministry has agreed, you need to go to the labour department with a copy of your employment contract, a letter from the family sponsor giving permission to work, original academic and professional qualifications + photocopies, two photographs, original passports and ID + photocopies of you and your family sponsor.

Note: Do not allow the departments to take the originals of your certificates and passports. I have known people to receive their certificates back with notes and scribbles on them. Photocopies - and faxes and scanned documents - always seem to be acceptable in Qatar.

Hema

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010

2. nikkypk

nikkypk New IL'ite

Hi Hema,
    Thank you so much for sharing that information. I was trying to find out more about this articular issue. Is there any link to any website or news so that I can pass on the link to the management where I work.

Nikky

3. HemaNaveen

HemaNaveen New IL'ite