Regional Cusines- Where to get the best in Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by Shabnam88, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Shabnam88

Shabnam88 New IL'ite

Beisng the capital city of India, one can get to taste almost all the cuisines of the different regions of India right here in the Capital- whether it is Bengali or Tamilian or Kerala or Assamese.
    I would like all ILites based in Delhi to let us know the best places to have the particular regional cuisine.. :cheers

2. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Bengali Food
    Bengalis love their food. I guess for Bengali food you have to take a look at the restaurants in C.R.Park, Near Nehru Place.
    a) for kolkata type rolls : outlets in DDA Market no 1 & 2, C.R.Park
    b) Babu Moshai ,K 1/52, C.R.Park, Near <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Deshbandhu</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">College</st1:placeType>, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> Ph 2627 5220,2627 4327
    c) Ma Tara, Shop no 47, DDA Market No 2,C.R.Park. Ph 2627 7029
    d) Oh!<st1:City w:st="on">Calcutta</st1:City>, HA-1,<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">International</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Trade</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Tower</st1:placeType></st1:place>, Ground floor, <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Nehru Place</st1:address></st1:Street>. PH 2646 4180
    e) Browh Sahib, MGF Metropolitan Mall, Saket District Centre.Ph 4082 0027

3. sweetsanjam

sweetsanjam Senior IL'ite

I am a great fan of Andhra food, and in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Delhi</st1:City></st1:place> there is no place better than the Andhra Pradesh Bhawan Canteen located at 1, <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Ashoka Road</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:address>. Ph 2338 7499 Lunch time can get crowded and so try and step in a bit early. Most patrons put up with the hustle and bustle, because the meals are a great value for money. Another great venue for Andhra meals is the Udupi Hotel, 1 Main Market, Rajendra Nagar, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:place>. Ph 2586 0462.
    Gurgaon residents vouch for the authenticity of Andhra meals served at Iram, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">South</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">City</st1:placeType></st1:place> –I, Gurgaon. Ph 9811 224451. They do only home delivery. The minimum order for Gurgaon is Rs 1500 and delivery charges are Rs 80. Simlarly the minimum order for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> is Rs 4750 with delivery charges of Rs 275. Take my word for it – hop to the Andhra Pradesh Bhawan canteen anyday.

4. Ashapatel

Ashapatel Junior IL'ite

I have been to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Delhi</st1:City></st1:place> a few times. I can vouch for the authentic Gujrati dishes available in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>. However a few of the dishes may have been tweaked here and there for the North Indian junta.
    One of the best centres for vegetarian Gujarati cuisine in <st1:City w:st="on">Delhi</st1:City> is “Suruchi” at Swati Hotel (Opp Roopak Stores) in Karol Bagh, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>. The sumptuous Gujarati thali cost us Rs 100 the last time we were there.
    Another great Gujrati cuisine is the Rajdhani at <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Connaught Place</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:address>. Ph 2334 6300. They are part of the Rajdhani chain of restaurants of Mumbai. They are also famous for their filling thali. Lastly, if you are in the Civil Lines area, just head for the canteen of the Gujarati Samaj. It is also the place to pick up your supplies of fresh Gujrati pickles and chutneys. Ph 2398 1796

5. nutangill

nutangill New IL'ite

Kashmiri cuisine is a delight for all non veg lovers. Connoisseurs look forward to mouth watering dishes like gushtaba, roghan josh and rista at Kashmiri weddings. Wazwan which is a formal kashmiri banquet consists of 36 courses is also very popular.
    Luckily, kashmiri cuisine lovers have a couple of first class restaurants to look forward to.
    Jammu & Kashmir House, Kautilya Marg, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:place>. Ph 2611 2021
    Chor Bizzare- Hotel Broadway,<st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Asaf Ali Road</st1:Street>,<st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:address> Ph 4366 3600. It is perhaps <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Delhi</st1:City></st1:place>’s best known address for kashmiri cuisine. They arrange Wazwan cuisine with advance booking.
    Ahadson’s- 3A <st1:placeName w:st="on">Masjid</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Moth</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Village</st1:placeType>,Near Uday Park, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:City></st1:place> Takeaway and catering only. Ph. 2625 6017

6. shefalisingh

shefalisingh Senior IL'ite

I must say that this thread rocks!
    My dear friend S. Shanti belongs to Kerala. She has introduced me to the delights of Malayali cuisine. Only last week, we went to Dakshin, ITC Sheraton, District Centre Saket, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> 17. Ph 42661122. Needless to say, the food was excellent. I quite liked the Moplah Erachi biryani.
    Otherwise, we go to the Kerala House canteen at <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">3 Jantar Mantar Road</st1:address></st1:Street>, Ph 3041 1411. Another great outlet for Kerala cuisine is Gunpowder, 22 Hauz Khas Village, Third floor, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>. Ph 2653 5700. Shanti also recommends the Kerala Restaurant at A 1289, G D Colony, Mayur Vihar Ph III, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> 110091. Ph 9891266097 :hiya
    :cheers