regarding school admission

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by shammy, Nov 27, 2008.

1. shammy

shammy New IL'ite

Hello all,
    We are basically an Indian family moving from Canada to Abudhabi with 2 kids. My elder daugter is in Gr 1 and younger is KG1, studying under canadian syllabus now. But after we move to Abudhabi, we want to put them in Indian curriculam. Can anybody tell me what are all the documents they need to change the curriculam? And also I have few more questions too.
    1. Is changing the curriculam possible?
    2. What are all the documents they need?
    3. Is it possible to get admission in the middle of the school year? (because we are planning to move in end of Dec 08)
    4. Our Canadian school won't provide any transfer certificates (as far as I know). What can we substitute for that?
    5. What else we need to know?
    If anybody came across the same situation as mine, please share your experiences with me. We want to be prepared before we come there. So, I'm just gathering as much information as possible. I think that would be a great help, reducing last minute hassle. Thanks in advance.

2. geetharar

geetharar Senior IL'ite

Dear Shammy,

Welcome to Abu Dhabi. Here the academic year starts from April to March. If you put your kids during the beginning of the academic year I think TC is not required.

Allmost in all schools they teach HINDI as 2nd language and Tamil, Malayalam, Bengali as third Language. So your elder daughter should know atleast to write alphabets. Other than that I dont think there will be much change in the curriculam.

They ask for BC, copy of the passport of your husband and your daughters.

with regards
    Geetha

3. shammy

shammy New IL'ite

Thank you Geetha.

4. nemo

nemo Senior IL'ite

Hi Shammy,

U r welcome to UAE. By the way it 'll be helpful if ur elder one learn arabic especially letters and figures beforehand. Here under every syllabus Arabic is a must. I've found lot of parents struggling with their kids to learn arabic. And plz check wih a school about the syllabus. For the younger kid it won't be a problem, but for your elder, some admission test will be there.

just ask if u required any further info.

bonknemo

5. desertdiva

desertdiva Junior IL'ite

you can also try the american international school, the pearl academy in abudhabi as these are american curriculam