Regarding Mango Cutting In Bangalore

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by soumya2552, Apr 27, 2016.

1. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lovely Ladies,
    I wanted to know about places in Bangalore where people will cut mango pieces for avakai (pickle). Its a common thing in Andhra where the person cutting the mango charges around 5 rs per mango and cuts it along with its seed.
    I was told that it happens in Jayanagar and HAL market...but not confirmed reports on that.
    I stay in Whitefield, and I went to KR puram market and people there had no idea of what I was talking about.
    Please let me know if you know anyone who does this? would definitely prefer if the person comes home and cuts the mango as I am going to make pickle with around 50 to 60 mangoes.
    Its little urgent as the season is coming to an end already. Apprecitate your timely response.

2. PrathimaBose

PrathimaBose Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Did you find out where near whitefield we can find raw mangoes for avakai and ppl who cut them!?

3. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Hi soumya,
    I have seen mango cutting in jayanagar shopping complex (the market side). They sell cut mangoes which is used to make pickles.

4. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, this time I just bought the mangoes from K R Puram and cut it myself using a traditional cutter. Borrowed it from my neighbour. The only option otherwise was to head to Jayanagar.

5. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I got the cut mangoes for avakkai pickle from HAL market, some two weeks back, and made the pickle. Has come out very well too. You can try there if possible.