Regarding Fake Work Experience?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Needtobestrong, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I was recently taking professional advice from few of my seniors about job prospects, self development etc.. I also interacted from few of my juniors who are college pass outs or with less than one year experience looking for a change..
    I came to know that many people are putting fake experience on Their CVs in order to boost their job prospects and improve position in job market and get more interview calls and better chance of being selected in good role with good salary..
    Looks like they pay some amount of money to agencies who do this...the agency provide fake experience certificate, pay slip and provide back ground verification to any company HR who calls..in return for hefty amount of money..
    I'm in India, so asking from Indian perspective I don't know how this works in abroad countries..
    I know this is a bad idea and wrong, I will not do it..
    But, won't companies come to know when they do a detailed background verification? Are there any loopholes that these agencies utilise to provide fake exp . And get away with it?
    If company finds out, will they fire the employee or retain them if performance is good?
    I heard so many people in early twenties coolly saying that they are making some arrangement to get experience certificate that'll help them get good package in top MNC..
    Then what about those with genuine experience and genuine skills and knowledge who ate struggling to get interview calls and job?is nt there any value for them?
    But is it really that easy to fake so many documents, like pay slip, experience certificate, form16, IT returns, bank statements, relieving certificate, PF statements etc that prove that's person has been part of an organisation for certain a mount of time and earned certain salary every month?

Kindly share your experience and knowledge regarding fake experience ...
    I don't want to go for this..then reason for asking is.. One of my cousin who worked in good company earlier had career gap due to personal reason..she wants to fill that gap with fake experience certificate..she is very young and influenced by friends...how can I discourage her from doing this..

2. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Dear OP, In the industry there are all kind of people. Some people getaway very well with it. But some people get caught and the company takes a decision in such cases. Some companies reject such candidates saying BGV failure even after employing the resource. Some companies treat it as an exception.
    I have heard such stories of employees in previous organization.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

hi @Needtobestrong
    when in india i joined my first job in one of the MNC's , the background checks were done for all of us . Though at the time of joining they only asked for the reference contacts for the check , only after 3 months they did the checks unannounced . I had 4 people in my group who lost their jobs ( 1 or 2 were star performers ) when the checks failed . It so happened that they gave incorrect information about the previous companies they worked for . Either got terminated which was not mentioned or some performance issues or some such reasons that were not mentioned . In the next company i worked for , same happened . Either the experience would be fake or company in itself would be non existent at and some of their random relative or friend would pick up the hr call to answer . Even photo shopping pay slips , resignation letters etc. its risky , you may or may not get caught . And you cant apply to that company in future ever.

here in usa when i would contact the companies for the job , consulting companies would ask you to do that. I experienced it more with desi consulting companies but with full time detailed back ground check happens where the possibility of getting caught is more . thats what i heard from people who i used to talk to regarding jobs . Not 100% sure about consulting but i did see about 3 people who when got full time jobs in product companies based in the U.S waited for as long as 2-3 months to complete just the checks before joining . That too when no visa issues were involved.

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Never ever fake your experience. One or the other time it will definitely backfire.Some companies are too strict in BV.

5. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

I knw a very close person who did this because he was not getting any jobs. He got hired in a big reputed company at a senior position with a 12lpa salary.... All this due to fake experience certificate.
    I don't know how he managed the background verification though.

But let me tell you , after 3months of his joining the reputed new job, he was fired.

Reasons -
    1. His performance was poor which as per the experience certificate he provided, he should have been doing far better. He had been at the receiving end of scoldings n warnings for his poor performance many times.

2. They did background verification after 3 months and probably got to know that he faked...so he was fired immediately.

Moral - yes many do fake a lot to get through ladder of career but ultimately some day or another it will backfire.

Please be patient, work hard and upgrade your skills, better your interview skills and get job with honesty.
    I sincerely believe that even those who are earning a lot via false routes will one day face the consequences.

SinghManisha and Needtobestrong like this.
  6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks all for replies..
    yes all have given valid points..
    frankly i get really irritated with people who declare fake experience and get away with it..those who have genuine experience and good knowledge on technology and good skills wont get a chance...very good chance they cannot perform well after joining new role too..
    i heard of a lady in my previous company in a different team being fired after getting caught by HR for giving fake details of past work exp...
    i would never give fake details neither would i recommend to others..but really i get irritated with guys and girls several years my junior just passed out from college who are not ready to spend any time or efforts to learn anything or even join small company and work for sometime to learn and get experience..straight away they want to join a lucrative senior role in a big product based company with a fat pay package and resort to dishonest means for this...
    once I also got call from an agency , long ago when I was active on job search portals..that man spoke to me in Hindi and told me that if I provide 3000Rs payment to them, they will guarantee placement in top company like Microsoft, Google etc..i said I dont have relevant experience..he said he will "arrange for the experience"..i said no thanks and disconnected.

SinghManisha likes this.
  7. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

All Tier-1 companies do a stringent background check. However, they do not do the background check at the time of joining, instead go for a reference or leaner verification of past experience relieving letter and payslips.

But , after few months they carry out the BG checks. The BG checks are very detailed to the extent
    1. Verify bank statements with IT TDS history
    2. Physically verify the address and office location , they will take pictures too
    etc.

All this is very factual or forensic in nature, so the chances are very high that you will be fired from the job after few months!!

Needtobestrong likes this.