1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Reg L2 Dependent Visa

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by charmingpooh, Jan 23, 2010.

1. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

Hi All

Could u pls write wat they will ask and need for L2 dependent Visa?? I may go wth my 5months DD from chennai to US soon.

thnx
    charmin pooh

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I am in L2 only. Actually if you going to Visa interview along with your hubby, mostly they will ask only your hubby and when coming to you , it willbe like marriage date, what are you going to do there etc?

Lucky for me, just they asked is it your first visit? I said yes. They said enjoy your trip.

If you are going alone for Interview, better have all your hubby's details too like his job tittle, company name, address...

All the best.

3. charmingpooh

Thnx Usha..R u from Edison?? we took an apartment there only. If u r from edison then Pls give me some more informations that would be helpful to me.Informations like Groceries,Veg stores,wat 2 bring from chennai like those watever u know:):)

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Charmingpooh,

Yes, i'm in Edison only ma, sure can help you in what way i can.

Regarding groceries you got lot of Indian and Farmers market,where we can good vegetables and non veg...

From Chennai, i need more details like are you only two or with kids?

Get some basic cooking stuff, mainly converted mixie( i suggest Preethi), kadai, pressure cooker and some basic vessels, other wise you can buy later here.

Provisions, some masala packetsand if weight permits loads some provisional things, otherwise its not a problem you get almost 95% of things...

When going to clothes, get night dresses and mainly undergarments like more than a dozen, as it get spoil here now here due to machine wash and its very costly here...For kids load with sweater and thick dress few tradional wear that you might like to wore on festival days.

Coming to you load few tradional dresses and i think jacket all you can get here to avoid over weight at the same time, i heard from many that its doesn;t suit well, infact i myself had same compliment. So i got one here again which suits for this climate and fit.

I covered whatever i remmebered, if you want any help or any information let me know.

All the best and happy journey..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  5. charmingpooh

Many Thnx usha. We two with our 5 months old DD. let me com there and ask u more :)..

U hav given very useful tips.. thnx again..

Cheers
    Poornima

6. gemini19

gemini19 New IL'ite

Hi Poornima,

I went for the interview at US consulate chennai toady with my DS 5 months old.There was a Problem with my confirmation page(so i was asked to go VFS center to get the printout )and get back anytime before 2.pm today. While i submitted the form 'email to the confirmation page' option did not work so i took a screen shot and took the print out of that but we should not do so it seems. so i filled the forms for both of us again and went to US consulate with the printout the confirmation page.They were very polite.Just to make sure u go with the correct confirmation page.
    The person at the counter who issues Visa asked me these questions
    He asked me why did i went bk looking at the gate pass issued by the checking counter.I told him the reason he said "Sorry for troubling you"
    Q:
    1.Who is my spouse's Client (at working place)
    2.Spous's annual income?
    3.When did i get married?
    4.Where did we get married?
    5.How old is ur baby?

He was going through my spouse's I -797
    My passport has my dad's name as surname so he asked me whose name is this name and what is your spouse name. As i have endorsed my spouse name in the passport i told him about the same.

He finally said ur visa is issued u will get ur psprt in 7 days.Have a safe journey :)
    Let me know if u have any questions.

Rgds
    Raji Magesh

7. charmingpooh

Hi Raji

Many thanks for ur post.. really it wil help me.. Thnx again.. even my surname's dad..

cheers
    poornima

8. charmingpooh

Will they ask xerox copies of marriage certificate, birth certificate?? if it is how many??

cheers
    poornima

9. gemini19

gemini19 New IL'ite

Poornima,

I took the originals and 1 copy of both marriage cert and birth cert. Last time the interviewer asked me to show original marriage cert. This time he din ask for them.

10. tungasri

tungasri New IL'ite

Is spouse name endorsement mandatory for L2... Any one here who has got the visa recently without spouse name endorsement. I Have marriage certificate and photos ready....