Refund of fees paid to NAVKIS Education centre

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by sbjyothisree, Feb 14, 2013.

1. sbjyothisree

sbjyothisree New IL'ite

Hi,
    I had taken admission for Pre KG for my daughter in NAVKIS Education Centre, Gokula. I paid a tution fee of Rs. 25,000 on 2/2/2013. My husband is relocating and we approached the school on 8/02/13 to refund the amount. They are saying that according to their rules, only 50% of the fees will be refunded. We requested them to repay the whole amount as we were not told of the rules and no printed document with the rules for refund had been shown to us during admission. But, they are saying that the management and the school cannot tell all the rules to parents during admission. My daughter has not used any of the resources and also, we have approached with the refund request within a week of paying the fees.

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Usually, in schools, whatever they call "refundable deposit" will only be refunded, actually the fact that you're getting back 50% is itself great, usually when they call something tuition fees, they never refund even a rupee !!!

I have changed schools for my son mid year thrice and twice, I paid full tuition fees (in pre-kg and 1st std) and once I paid the full first term (in 3rd std) tuition fees to the school just to get the transfer certificate !!!

NOT FAIR !!! But try and fight for more!!

3. sbjyothisree

sbjyothisree New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply hrastro,

The rules should have transperency....There is no mention on the fee receipt that the the amount paid is "Non-refundable". It was not verbally communicated that the fees will be non-refundable. How will a parent understand this if not told. The school may say that the seat had been blocked for the child. But the request for refund was done just one week after the fees was paid, not a single resource has been used by the child or parent. Also the refund request was in early feb...and they have still time to fill that seat as the classes start from June.

This is definitely not fair. Every ruppee earned is precious for a middle class family living in Bangalore

4. sbjyothisree

sbjyothisree New IL'ite

Thanks to NAVKIS. I got the complete fees refunded. They gave me a cheque for Rs. 25000 today.

Justice prevails...I am happy.

5. RoopaSeetharam

RoopaSeetharam New IL'ite

Hi jyothishree..
    This is Roopa here, I have a 3 yr old daughter & she is going to play home. Now we are planning to join her to NAVKIS .Can you please tell me the annual tuition fees & donation for nursery??

6. sbjyothisree

sbjyothisree New IL'ite

Hi Roopa,

This year, the Annual fees is Rs 25,000. The donation is Rs 60,000, for Pre KG. For LKG this years fee is Rs. 45,000 PA.

All the Best!