Refufgee crisis in Europe

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CrayoNess, Nov 15, 2015.

1. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

An update on this after a week. Everything has been going very well even it was for me (and I guess for him) quite a change. I am an extremely private person, been living by myself since 2001 (except my kids) and suddenly I have another person in my home.

I got a friend of mine to come for one evening to translate so we covered the stuff of how to use the dish washer, who is buying food, how the door lock works and things like that. Otherwise we communicate on google translate.

And it kind of works, my son is happy, my home has never been so clean (the asylum seeker is cleaning, emptying the dishwasher etc), he knows how to use the washing machine and take care of his own laundry etc. My cat is though extremely upset as he hates the vacuum cleaner and this guy is vacuuming both floors at the same day. (The cat got used to the routine that if I clean downstairs he can escape upstairs and vice versa).

Now I need to take the next step and agree about the future. I have told him that he can stay as long as needed. I am going to India in mid-jan, agreed with my sis that she will come and take care of my cats. Now I have this dilemma can I have my sis living here with him, my sis kind of disapprove that I had this asylum seeker moving in with me. Or can I ask him to take care of the cats, including emptying the litter box :p.

Must admit that I have never been facing these kind of questions. And guess that very few has ever faced. How do you politely agree between your sister and your asylum seeker the roles and responsibilities regarding the care of the cats? :D

This journey will continue but so far it has been fascinating, difficult, heart breaking, confusing.

3. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

If he does not mind cat-sitting and you can trust him alone with the house, I guess you may not need to bother your sister.