Refufgee crisis in Europe

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CrayoNess, Nov 15, 2015.

1. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

You have probably seen the pics/videos of the people walking through Greece, Serbia etc. About 1 million coming to Europe this year. I have been myself involved in a small corner, offering clothes, tea, food etc for the people arriving to my country.

What is our view, what should be done?

1 person likes this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I am frankly surprised that Germany is taking in so many people without even rudimentary security checks. After yesterday's unfortunate events in Paris that approach is even more questionable.
    The silence of the wealthy Arab countries in this matter is deafening.

1 person likes this.
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You might find this interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/saudi-arabia-cant-find-its-way-out-of-yemens-messy-war/2015/11/12/4d70ce26-84e1-11e5-8bd2-680fff868306_story.html

4. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Angela Markel wants to get a Novel Prize hence without thinking twice she is allowing refugees ....Well i can think that is the only reason I can think of.

More of Paris sort of things to happen in future....

1 person likes this.
  5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I think it is very noble on part of Europe to do this specially Germany.

Do the people of Europe agree with their governments and welcome these refuges or do you see resentment building up.

6. CrayoNess

The tragic events in Paris had nothing to do with the refugees. Is was about ISIS and France's involvment in the Syrian attacks.

There is a lot of resentment in Germany and other countries. On the other hand also a lot of volunteers supporting the refugees. As someone said seems like the refugee crisis bringing out the best and worst in the people.

1 person likes this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If the event in Paris is tragic, then imagine the state of refugees who are facing more tragic events in their lives on a daily basis? They are not terrorists, but they are also the victims of terrorism.

They need help, they need a place to live and settle. The Syrian crisis is not their mistake. Therefore, they shouldn't be punished for this.

Once before Syria was a very stable and luxurious place to live. The people would have never thought of such a fateful life then.
    Such tragedies could happen to you and me at anytime. If not because of war, natural disasters and things like this might make our lives miserable too. In such a situation, imagine how vulnerable we would become?

It is obvious that these terrorist might invade into EU through these refugees. But it should be the Government's job to stay vigilant and do the proper security checks. Hope the refugees would corporate, since they should be thankful to EU for allowing them.

Those refugees were taught all the bad sides of EU by their rulers. But it is an opportunity to tell them the truth. The good side of Christians and the EU community. Who knows, these refugees and their societies might see some lights in the future through this chance.

Terrorists can anyway find a way to invade if not refugee crisis were there. Just think what has happened in NY on 9/11? Was it through refugees?

And more importantly, refugees are not always a burden. Remember, Einstein was a refugee too.

3 people like this.
  8. CrayoNess

I have today agreed to house one asylum seeker. He will be staying in our spare room. It will be an adventure as he does not speak english (only a few words) and I do not speak arabic. Google translate has to be the rescue. Funny to see my son (10 year old) how "fluently" he chatted with him, my son using the tablets google translate (english to arabic) and the asylum seeker his phone translate (arabic to english).

6 people like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Saudi Arab should take in a few hundred thousand. Easier for the refugees to assimilate there. I read Saudi has offered to build 200 mosques in Germany. :shock: I am not a big fan of such NIMBY help.

Same thought about Kuwait and UAE type affluent Gulf states.

3 people like this.
  10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi Crayoness , what you are doing to help refugees is great thing. Providing some food to them is very good, it is a huge thing for them at this times. God bless you.
    I remeber a French movie , watched Few years ago, there a couple helps refugees or illegally entered people at nights serving food , but local police doesn't allow this, this background linked with a teenage loves story , I don't remeber name though ..

found the the name of the movie, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_(2009_film)

As sgbv said, anytime any thing can happen anywhere. Everybody wants to live peacefully. Refugee camps life is so tough, kids childhood gets ruined, till they get settle somewhere. I don't know any country treats them as residents or it is temporary thing.

but still they can keep these peoples record clean, but send them as refugees. Nobody knows what goes in ones mind.