1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Reflux: How can I deal with this

Discussion in 'Infants' started by RekhaViju, Feb 6, 2010.

1. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Ok, I am really frustrated now. Laya had been spitting milk since she was 6 weeks old. She continued this for about 4 weeks. I gave her gaviscon-infant once a day according to GPs recommendation and stopped it after she stopped spitting up. But then suddenly after a month of no spitting she started spitting again almost after every feed. This doesnt happen after night feeds, though. She gives a wet burp most of the time, which looks curdy. couple of times I have noticed that she spitted after she put her finger in her mouth.

What is disturbing me today is that I am feeling she is not drinking enough milk, the same happened yesterday also. I dont know if it is because of the vaccination seh had day before yesterday. She was a fussy drinker after last vaccination also.

The last time I checked her weight gain was really good, she was on 9th percentile 3 weeks after her birth and now she is in between 25th and 50th percentile. She weighed 5.78 on her 15th week.

I am mostly in tears at the moment. I can say that other than this she is a really good and sweet baby, my most precious gift.

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

rekha r u sure its reflux??? coz zoey does that too , will dig her fingers deep inside n puke...but since 1 wk she has been feeding more than 10 mins at a time n night times she take 2 feeds for 30 mins!she just suddenly changed!

by the way few wks back for 2-3 days in a row she kept spitting up every feed, then this just stopped on its own

3. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

I am not completely sure Poonam. After my post she did feed for 20 mins, thank god! During night she feeds 10 mins. Her feeding sessions are sometimes quite funny esp. when I do it lying down. sometimes she just licks and turns her head he he.

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Rekha, what shots did she get this time.... We were on a delayed schedule for obvious reasons, but when DS had his 2nd DTaP, he was refluxing a lot worse than usual.... It seemed like he was on me all the time, wont even go to his father. His nightwakings became painful and sleep went out for a toss... If it is vaccine related, it does subside.
    BTW, putting the finger in and gagging is considered the first step towards becoming ready for solids, so I wont take that very seriously.

5. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

tikka, she had DTaP/IPV/Hib, Men C and PCV, ie. 3 shots.

anyway, she is much better now although didnt sleep much last night, quite unusual of her.

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite