1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reflux: How can I deal with this

Discussion in 'Infants' started by RekhaViju, Feb 6, 2010.

1. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Ok, I am really frustrated now. Laya had been spitting milk since she was 6 weeks old. She continued this for about 4 weeks. I gave her gaviscon-infant once a day according to GPs recommendation and stopped it after she stopped spitting up. But then suddenly after a month of no spitting she started spitting again almost after every feed. This doesnt happen after night feeds, though. She gives a wet burp most of the time, which looks curdy. couple of times I have noticed that she spitted after she put her finger in her mouth.

What is disturbing me today is that I am feeling she is not drinking enough milk, the same happened yesterday also. I dont know if it is because of the vaccination seh had day before yesterday. She was a fussy drinker after last vaccination also.

The last time I checked her weight gain was really good, she was on 9th percentile 3 weeks after her birth and now she is in between 25th and 50th percentile. She weighed 5.78 on her 15th week.

I am mostly in tears at the moment. I can say that other than this she is a really good and sweet baby, my most precious gift.

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

rekha r u sure its reflux??? coz zoey does that too , will dig her fingers deep inside n puke...but since 1 wk she has been feeding more than 10 mins at a time n night times she take 2 feeds for 30 mins!she just suddenly changed!

by the way few wks back for 2-3 days in a row she kept spitting up every feed, then this just stopped on its own

3. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

I am not completely sure Poonam. After my post she did feed for 20 mins, thank god! During night she feeds 10 mins. Her feeding sessions are sometimes quite funny esp. when I do it lying down. sometimes she just licks and turns her head he he.

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Rekha, what shots did she get this time.... We were on a delayed schedule for obvious reasons, but when DS had his 2nd DTaP, he was refluxing a lot worse than usual.... It seemed like he was on me all the time, wont even go to his father. His nightwakings became painful and sleep went out for a toss... If it is vaccine related, it does subside.
    BTW, putting the finger in and gagging is considered the first step towards becoming ready for solids, so I wont take that very seriously.

5. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

tikka, she had DTaP/IPV/Hib, Men C and PCV, ie. 3 shots.

anyway, she is much better now although didnt sleep much last night, quite unusual of her.

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite