recurrent miscarriage problem- solution needed

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by anchor, Jan 6, 2016.

1. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

Hi All, I had 2 miscarriage in last 2 years (first one was due spontaneous miscarriage in 2nd month and second one was ectopic pregnancy in 7th week), I would like to know what type of analysis has to be done so that we can take some preventive action next time? What type of blood test etc. has to be done...
    Also, read in internet that once ectopic pregnancy occurs there is high chance for re-occuring...is it true..any steps that we can take to avoid it

2. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

One of my relative had two miscarriage and just last year delivered a healthy baby.. One of her doc said.. If the baby has some formation problem.. Sometimes it will abort my itself..
    Third time when she conceived.. That was just a month after her second miscarriage.. She was told by one doc complete bed rest stitch and all.. But when we took opinion of another doctor.. Who said.. Just take care..No stitch and all needed.. And baby is fine now!!

Hope you get your precious gift soon!!

1 person likes this.
  3. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

Thanks @ammani

I was asked to do some phospholipid test after period starts, the D&C material was also sent for biopsy...so like this type, anything else required to be done ??

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi Anchor,
    At times ectopic happens because of issues with tubes, other times just bad luck. Yes once you have ectopic, the chances of it happening again increases. However if the tube is removed don't worry much.
    Have you heard about DNA fragmentation of sperm, seems it causes miscarriages in first trimester. Normally whenever a faulty egg and sperm creates an abnormal embryo, nature takes control and aborts it.

5. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello Anchor,

Sorry to hear about your recent ectopic. Hope you are doing better now. one of my friend has ectopic due to unknown reason but after 3 months of break she conceived a again resulting in a healthy baby. I remember her mentioning it to me about doing HSG before getting pg/trying again for second time. So be positive since it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again.
    Regarding your first miscarriage, Was it a assisted cycle.? Miscarriage are common is early pregnancy mostly Bcoz of embryo problems and sometimes Bcoz of clotting issues or thyroid. blood test will rule out those issues. Discuss with ur doctor regarding tests to rule out any common/simple issues that caused miscarriage and ectopic before trying next cycle( I think ectopic is different from miscarriage.)

6. rona

rona New IL'ite

U must try homeopathy medicine along with other

7. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

Thanks @Maggilg and @rona
    @Jaden, thank you for this piece of information, I dint knew about this DNA thing, will check with my doc. Can we get this done in normal labs like SRL or lotus diagnostics or should we do it in specialized labs??
    I also read in internet that ecosprin helps in avoiding miscarriage, I haven't taken ecosprin so far... Will it help ??

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ecosprin is a blood thinner and is given with IVF trials to increase blood circulation to uterus and other parts. Mostly baby asprin is given in ttc part. But has its own risk. Should have to be stopped before planning for a surgery or other medical interventions.

9. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

I like to add to what vasumathy has said Ecosprin should be only taken under doctor recommendation and supervision. Its normally given to prevent clotting issues hindering implantation or leading to miscarriage and also to increase the blood flow. I think clexane is also given if you have clotting issues.

10. bala03

bala03 New IL'ite

Hi ,
    I too have similar problem like you.have you gine through normal pregnancy[/QUOTE]