1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendations/Review for Shampoos & Conditioners

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by blueygirls, Feb 25, 2007.

Rate this discussion.

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fair

50.0%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

50.0%
  1. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Re: Best shampoo?

One of my Chemist friend said that SLS is a foaming agent and its almost impossible to make any shampoo/soap without it....

Just sharing the info...I'm not so sure if this is true.

2. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Heat Resistant

I straighten my hair twice every week....so i want to try to use some heat resistant sprays or shampoos for my hair
    Can anyone suggest me which one is good??
    -Priya

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi IL,

As Chithra aunty suggested, there is no substitute of HOME GROUND SHIKAKAI. But being here in the US, we may not be able to do that unless we bring it from India.

I had used Sunsilk when I was in Chennai, then switched over to pantene (shampoo and conditioner) Pantene makes the hair very very dry (like straw) . Infact I never wash my hair without applying oil (would leave the oil for 30mts before washing my hair) Inspite of that Pantene made my hair dry and there was hair loss too.

Meera Shikakai packets were available for sometime, but they were not good enough to remove the oil from hair.

But right now, I am using Dabur Vatika-Henna Cream conditioning shampoo(we can get this from Indian stores) and it leaves the hair soft and smooth. It doesnt dry out the hair like Pantene.

Unfortunately, it also contains SLS. But it is much better than other shampoos. Right now, that is the best alternative for SHIKAKAI !!

Cheers
    Krithika

4. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Has anybody tried 'Dove' shampoos ? How about Pert Plus ?
    What brands do you use for children ?

5. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Grace,

For my children, I used to buy L'Oreal before. But now all of use this Dabur vatika Conditioning shampoo ( with Henna & Amla). It does not dry our hair much like other brands.

Cheers
    Krithika( Jithiks)

6. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

i got this "365 Everyday Value Mint shampoo", from Whole foods. and have been quite happy with it. its a transparent shampoo and quite effective for everyday wash and gives hair a good shine. While i mix it with Meera Powder in case i take oil bath. And moreover it didn't even cost me much too. i guess i bought for 5 $ for a medium size bottle.

Cheers
    vaidehi

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  7. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

We dont have WHOLE FOODS nearby....so that is out of question.

And recently heard that TRADER'S JOE is going to be opened in our city...so probably will try the shampoo you mentioned in that store...till then...only Dabur Vatika for our family..:?

Cheers
    Krithika ( Jithiks)

8. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

hello grace
    One of my frnd told that pert plus made her hair soft & shiny.so used it & felt more hair fall.later one of my neighbour told that dove is a very mild shampoo & told me to use it.so we brought it but no use.later used garnier as of indian experience.failed there also.now using tresemme shampoo.
    changed so many shampoo's but hair falling continued like that only.there r almost 10 shampoos in my house.
    Prior to marraige I used to change shampoos frequently but doesn't effect me at that time.My mother always says to continue same shampoo.If we listen to their words our future will be in our hands.but we don't do it.
    regards

9. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Krithika ! But will Dabur- Henna cream conditioning, colour the hair as it has henna ??

10. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for replying Mythili !
    Yes, that is exactly what my cousin told me about Pert Plus -- sadly by then I had used it and lots of hair loss, :thumbsdown esp. for my little girl. After your response am not going to try Dove also ! For now, planning to go with what Krithika suggested -- Dabur henna cream conditioning.

By the way, do any of you know any natural home-made stuff , with ingredients available in our kitchens here, for washing children's hair ?? My aunt suggested soaking hibiscus leaves in water , grinding to paste & using as hair wash. But here, where to go for this ?? :spin Am really desperate for a solution .