Recipes for pizza and cake without using oven-Please share!

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by generic, Aug 10, 2015.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I really want to make stuff like cakes, pizzas etc at home...I do not have oven with convection and grill..I recently got a microwave with basic features only like timer for reheating food, there is no temperature control.
    If anyone has successfully prepared cake, pizzas etc at home either in basic microwave oven or on pressure cooker, tawa etc please share the recipes.
    I searched on google for the same, but found so much content that I got confused.
    Also, Please share recipes which are vegetarian & eggless only. Would appreciate tried & tested recipes.

2. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Pizza in tawa (this is how i make).

Heat tawa, place store brought pizza on the tawa. Let one side cook so that the base becomes hard. Switch off once done. Now flip the other side, add pizza sauce, grated cheese, vegetables, herbs and chiili flakes. Add more cheese over if required. Now switch on the stove, wait till the cheese melts. Pizza is ready.

1 person likes this.
  3. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

My cousin makes cake in a pressure cooker. She chooses eggless cake recipes from internet, adds ingredients like orange juice instead of water/ milk, etc to make variations/ different flavours etc.
    When baking a cake using pressure cooker, line the cooker first with a thick layer of sand/ salt and warms it up well (like pre-heating) before placing the pan with flour mix into it. Then, do not add weight.

1 person likes this.
  4. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Nice..i'll try this recipe, it looks easy..

5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Would like to try cake in pressure cooker, but if I put sand/salt at bottom and then cook the cake, won't the pressure cooker get spoilt..thinkingsmiley

6. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

No, the cooker will not get spoilt, you can remove those after the cake is done. But, make sure to take care of these points when you try:

1. Use plain cookers for this purpose, and not the hard anodised ones
    2. Do not put the weight or gasket on
    3. The layer of sand/ salt you use should be thick enough to stop the cake pan from touching the bottom of the cooker
    4. Keep checking once in a while to ensure that it is not burnt and nothing is wrong. It might take a few times to get the baking time right.
    5. Keep flame on high with just the sand/ salt in cooker, before the cake pan is placed. Later, after placing the pan, reduce flame to the lowest possible

1 person likes this.
  7. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Thanks, shari2003:)