Recipe related queries

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by manju_j, Apr 2, 2005.

1. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

U r welcome

Dear jennie,

I am glad it turned out well.

Anytime!!!

2. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

Help needed for my Kitty

Dear All!

Can you all suggest me some rich and royal rice recipies and salads for my kitty party which is on 16th November 2005. Here is my menu which i have decided but cant figure out for rice.
    Menu:
    Desssert: Gulab Jamun and Rasgulla Souffle
    Starters: Ragda Patties and Chicken Sticks
    Main Course: Rice (yet not decided)
    Some sort of soup (yet not decided)
    2 Salads (yet not decided)

Also please if some one can help me in deciding some theme for my party. its a women kitty and all are in teh age group of 24 with 1 or 2 kids. Earlier my friends have kept themes like white colour so everyone was wearing white then flower theme so everything was flower etc. I want to do something different and i am sure if you all (creative gurus) help me i am sure i will be able to do it.

waiting for the replies.

Chilbuli Imli

3. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

My suggestions...

Hello Chibuli Imli,

Regarding your menu...

For rice - I would suggest you try something like Mint Pulao (or) Peas Pulao
    Since you are thinking of having salads & soups, I thought the above kind of pulaos would turn out to be filling at the same time not too heavy.

For soups - You may want to try creamy mushroom soup or sweet-corn chicken light soup

Salads - take a look at the salad with decorations posted by chitvish here. You can pick some ideas there, I guess. They look simple and attractive.

On the themes, you can go for a 'Barbie' theme - so that everybody is dressed in pink(the girly color). Or go for themes based on flowers - like Jasmine(so that everybody is dressed in white) or sunflower(that everybody is dressed in yellow), etc.

Hope my suggestions help!

Have a great party...

Rathi

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

help needed for my kitty

Dear chilbuly imli,

You can try this Pineapple zarda pulao. It is a sweet dish.
    Things needed are-Basmati rice - 2 cups, milk- 3 cups, water - 1 cup, sugar - 2 cups, ghee-3/4th to one cup(melted), pineapple slices - 1 tin (450 gms) , cloves - 6, cinnamon - 3 to 4 pieces, pineapple essence - 1/2 tsp, yellow food colour- few drops, raisins- 2 tbsp.
    Now, wash the rice and add to cooking vessel with water and milk. Add cloves, cinnamon and ghee and cook. Meanwhile, drain the syrup from the pineapple and chop finely. Add sugar to the syrup and cook till it is of 2 thread consistancy. Add pineapple pieces, essence, colour and raisins to the syrup. When the rice is done, add the sugar syrup and cook till the rice is dry. You can use fresh pineapple also- cook the pineapple pieces in sugar syrup and you get the same as tinned ones. You can add a few strands of saffron also while cooking.
    You can try bisi bele bath, which is a really good rice dish, with vegetables, dal etc.

You can try traditional dress for the party or dream character costumes. You can ask your kitty members to wear ornaments other than gold, diamonds etc.
    All the best and enjoy yourself.
    varloo

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  5. Chilbuli Imli

Dear Rathi!

Hello Rathi!

Thank you so much for your reply. Rathi i cant make peas pulao or mint pulao as they have been already made by my friends. Actually in our kitty we all try to make something different stuff each one wants to show that she is the best cook. Hence i was looking out for some different rice pulao or rice dish.

Thank you for showing me the salad link and I will definately choose one from it. It really helped me.

If you know any games which we can play in the kitty please suggest.

Thank you once again.

Love

Chilbuli Imli

6. Chilbuli Imli

Dear Varloo!

Dear Varloo!

Thank you for your reply. I am looking out for rice dish as main course. Sweet dish i have already decided. I will surely try this pineapple zarda pulao some other time as it seems very tempting and easy to make. Thanks for the recipies.

I like your theme of suggesting the members to wear ornaments other than gold which i will try. Please if you know any game do let me know.

Thanks once again.

Love
    Chilbuli Imli

7. kushi

kushi New IL'ite

hii

Dear chilbuli imli
    you can make mix veg biryani or chinese friedrice or mixed (noodles+rice +veg+chicken)rice

enjoy

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

help needed for my kitty

Dear chulbuli,

You can give differentpairs of names, which the members should connect. You can try computer related names or phrases or filmi ones or related kitchen items, fruits or vegetbles or something like that. Or you can ask some brain teasing questions and make them write the answers down. The person who finishes first wins. I have some questions like that-1.Two guards were standing facing opposite directions. After some time one guard smiled at the other. How? Ans- they were facing each other and watching the opposite directions. 2. A man went to a restaurant to have a cup of coffee. When he was about to sip the coffee, he found a insect in the coffee. He called the bearer and requested for a fresh cup of coffee. The bearer took away the cup and brought a fresh cup. But when the man sipped at the coffee, he started shouting at the bearer for bringing the same coffee. How? Ans- The hotel served coffee and sugar separately. The second coffee was very sweet when the man added his usual dose of sugar. 3. A mother had to divide a cake in 2 equal parts to give to her two children. She knew that she will get a complaint however fairly she cut the cake. But she managed to do that with out complaint. How? She cut the cake into two parts and asked the younger one to select first . When the child selected, she gave that to the second child. So nobody could complain. 4. You have to divide 8 apples among 3 children. Ans- make juice and give each an equal portion.
    I hope you feel that they are okay. I got these from a workshop which my husband attended. I did it in my Tupperware party.
    Try coriander rice, brinjal rice, carrot rice. Make carrot rice and coriander rice. Then make jeeral rice which will be some what white. Arrange it in our national flag pattern. It will look nice and taste nice also. For salad, grate carrots, add salt, lemon juice to taste, coconut scrapings and green coriander leaves and mix well. Give tads with mustard only. It tastes good and also looks good. Instead of carrot rice you can make tomato rice also.
    Bye,varloo

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  9. Chilbuli Imli

Thanks Varloo!

Thanks Varloo for the games and questions. I will definately ask this questions. They are good ones.

Regards,

10. Chilbuli Imli

Dear Khushi!

Thank you for your suggestion. I have still not yet decided for rice as i have now 2 to 3 good recipies but surely try this week and decide. I need some good games to play in the kitty if you have please pass them to me.

regards,