1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe from breakfast to dinner for kidney stone patients.

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by veenabiju1, Apr 8, 2013.

1. veenabiju1

veenabiju1 Silver IL'ite

Please help me :bowdown to prepare the menu from breakfast to dinner for my husband who is a kidney stone patient?
    I have learned the ppt Diet for kidney stones but I am a little bit confused now abt what to give him in breakfast, lunch & dinner.

So please, please, please please help me.....................:bowdown

2. shagydeep

shagydeep Bronze IL'ite

Hello vina,
    I was also patient of kidney stone but i had small 0.5 mm stone so doctor suggest me to strictly forget junk food like Chinese, pizza and all. Drink 5 liters water in day no oily food and don’t avoid going for urination...

2 people like this.
  3. veenabiju1

veenabiju1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks shagydeep for posting the reply...
    My DH is not eating any junk foods/oily foods/spicy foods. We use oil very little in recipes, a little salt and he even won't eat chicken/ any meat.. Then how did he got this I don't know.. I think it might be bcoz of water. The drinking water supplied in our area is hard water (Calcium mixed water) when boiling we can see white particle floating... I usually use to filter that water in pureit after boiling.
    But Now we started to purchase water for drinking.
    What are the things u r having for your breakfast ? Idli/dosa/puttu/roti can be given to him
    For lunch today I gave him banana stem thoran and ripe mango curry with rice.... I don't know whether its good for him or not..
    What r the fruits to be given to him ? Today I have given an apple to him with his tiffin
    Can I give him potato curry with roti?
    Pls post a reply.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  4. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Veena If he has Calcium stones then avoid calcium and citri foods. My dad had/has the problem of kidney stones...Doctor advised To avoid these seeds in tomato, And also tomato can be used in very less or without it also ok for some days... Brinjal with more seeds, yam(suram), green chilli, No citric fruits like orange, lemon, Sweet lime, Milk products has to be taken in minimum amount. Water intake should be more atleast 3 litres per day.

Apple is ok... Avoid the above said things...Otherwise normal food can be taken.

1 person likes this.
  5. veenabiju1

veenabiju1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for replying ...
    Can tamarind be used instead of tomatoes for making sambar or sambar is not good for him....
    Can dals (moong dal.. etc) be used in curries.....

6. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

thanks for sharing dear :)

7. manalimanoj

manalimanoj Silver IL'ite

kidney stone patient means is he operated just.
    as my dh was having kidney stone i give all things only remove the seeds frm tomato an chilly.
    avoid spinach cabbage an cauliflower do not use frequent but once a month is ok

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

if it is because of water, you get now water filters suiting to such requirements which will filter the excess minerals. just check with any agent in your place to know more about it.

Include plaintain stem in diet. avoid eating seeds of tomato or any other veggies or fruits as well.

Hope the following links help you

Kidney-Friendly Foods from India - DaVita
    Menu Selection for Vegan Renal Patients | Vegetarian Journal | Vegetarian Resource Group
    Control kidney disease through diet - Times Of India
    http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/r...verydayEating-recipeBookforkidneypatients.pdf

1 person likes this.
  9. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

hi mimur,
    thanks for d links..my father had/has kidney stone problem...
    discharged yesterday only after blasting of kidney stones..
    he s very picky eater and big tension for my mom in giving food to him..
    early once he was suffering from stone problems. main culprit is not drinking sufficient water...
    this time Dr severly scolded to drink more and more water..
    let us c..

1 person likes this.
  10. veenabiju1

veenabiju1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Manalimanoj.
    No he is not operated , just day before yesterday diagnosed the presence of kidney stone (Calcium oxalate presence in urine) and in his scanning report (multiple minute stones present in left kidney ) mentioned.