recipe for eggless cake in pressure cooker

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by shalini0021, Jul 29, 2012.

1. shalini0021

shalini0021 New IL'ite

hi

i wish to try eggless cake. can any one help me in how to make this receipe?

thanks
    shalini

2. Dhivya5

Dhivya5 Gold IL'ite

Hi try my recipe of eggless vanilla cake. If you also need eggless choclate cake, pls tell me. This cake will be very soft and moist.

Eggless Vanilla Cake

• Maida - 1 and 1/2 cups (225 gms)
    • Plain yogurt(Curd) - 1 cup (250 ml)
    • Granulated Sugar - 3/4 cup (200 gms)
    • Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
    • Baking powder - 1 and 1/4 tsp
    • Cooking oil - 1/2 cup (125 ml)
    • Vanilla essence - 1 and 1/2 tsp
    • Milk - 1 tbsp (just for brushing the top)
    NOTE : Use curd at room temperature

Method:
    1.Sieve maida twice and keep aside.Cream sugar and curd until sugar completely dissolves. Add baking powder, baking soda to the creamed mixture and mix well.
    2.Leave aside for 5 mins and you can see the bubbles appearing. Now add vanilla essence,cooking oil and mix well.
    3.Next slowly add maida in portions at a time and blend with wet ingredients. Beat well with a whisk until creamy and thick.Preheat oven to 200 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile grease a butter paper, lay it in the cake tin or loaf pan and pour the batter to the tin and keep it ready.
    4.Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 10 mins, then reduce temperature to 180 deg C and bake it for 30-35 mins or till a fork inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Just brush the top of the cake with 1 tbsp milk, 10mins before the ending time to get a nice polishing glaze. Allow the cake to cool down for 10mins, then invert and remove the butter paper. Then cut/slice them into pieces and enjoy!