1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Recheckin Baggage

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by harinideep, Aug 15, 2016.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

hi , how to manage recheckin of baggage along with immigration ? immigration is at new york and after that i need to catch another flight to austin

2. Rajkum846

Rajkum846 Platinum IL'ite

Depends on how you have booked your flight. If you have booked your flight in a single ticket from starting point till Austin, then when you check-in in the starting point, tell you have to check-in all the way till Austin. You will receive your boarding passes for the entire journey till Austin along with the check-in slips till Austin All your checked in bags will have tags indicating that check-in is till Austin. In this case, you will collect your checked in bags during immigration. But before you exit out of the terminal, you will deposit the check-in bags again. It will be as simple as throwing your bags into the designated conveyor belt. It will be same place where passengers in all airlines will be throwing their bags. You cannot miss it.

aspha likes this.
  3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

My experience for connecting flight from New York is very bad. I ended up missing the connecting flight to Boston and had to re-book on next flight. The airline did not charge anything extra as I already had my boarding pass for the previous flight and it was not my fault that I missed the flight.

If your point of entry is New York, I would suggest keep a back up plan. Immigration at New York is very long and tiring. We were in queue for more than 2 hours until we reached the window. So plan accordingly.