Recently moved to Leamington Spa

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Anisha10, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Anisha10

Anisha10 New IL'ite

Hi there, me and my husband have recently moved to Leamington Spa and were wondering if there were like minded individuals around who want to meet since we don't know any indians/sikhs in the area. We are around 30 ish and have moved due to work. Speak soon! Anisha :cheers

2. muthumeenakshis

muthumeenakshis New IL'ite

Dear Anisha, This is Meenakshi, we live in the village Wellesbourne and we can meet up sometime. Leamington spa has a huge punjabi community. Prasad, my husband and I both work in the uni of Warwick as scientists. We have two boys 16y and 11y. we have been here for the last 16y. If you wish we can meet up in Leamington on Friday evening for a coffee and go to the gurudhwara. If you need any help for shopping or anything please do not hesitate to contact. Best wishes Meena

3. Anisha10

Anisha10 New IL'ite

Hi Meena, I've only just checked the forum so apologies for the delay in response. Thank you for your reply and offer to meet up for coffee. Sounds great! We are back and forth looking for houses. Do you have an email address or is there a way we can get in touch?

Thanks
    Anisha xx

4. shobika

shobika New IL'ite

Hi Meena:hiya,

I am Shobana and I wud be migrating to Leamington by first week of June 2012 with my Hubby and 1 yr old Kid. I am bit confused with wat to carry and what not to carry with regard to groceries and utensils. I am not sure if I will be able to get Cerelac (baby food) or a better substitute over there as my one yr old daughter likes only that. Please also cud help to find a suitable/reasonable accommodation in Leamington Spa.

Thnks & Regards,
    Shoby :)

5. iswaryaganesh

iswaryaganesh New IL'ite

Hi Shoby

Have you moved to Leamington Spa? . Let me know if you need any help

Cheers
    Ish

6. shobika

shobika New IL'ite

Hi Ishwarya,

We are nw in leaminton :) Jus got settled in a flat near krsna mandir
    :thumbsup

cheers,
    Shoby

7. tanishk27

tanishk27 Silver IL'ite

hi anisha this is tanishk here....r u still in leamington spa, i am coming LS this month end...

8. tanishk27

tanishk27 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ishwarya,

This is tanishk...I m moving to Leamington Spa this month end...We will be there by 29th december 2012...My husband got job in a company which is in located in Gaydon.
    1. So will it wise to stay in Leamington Spa.
    2. Is there any particular area where indians lives?? and also indian grocery shops are near by?
    3. I have 4 yr old daughter, I need admission in school for my daughter, which area will have more so that i can take apartment in that area to get my daughter easily?

9. tanishk27

tanishk27 Silver IL'ite

Hi Shobhana,

This is Tanishk...I m moving to Leamington Spa this month end...We will be there by 29th december 2012...My husband got job in a company which is in located in Gaydon.
    1. So will it wise to stay in Leamington Spa.
    2. Is there any particular area where indians lives?? and also indian grocery shops are near by?
    3. I have 4 yr old daughter, I need admission in school for my daughter, which area will have more so that i can take apartment in that area to get my daughter easily?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  10. MarkMascyUK

MarkMascyUK New IL'ite

Is anyone currently in Leamington and would be willing to meet and hangout?