1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons For...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by virtualkv2020, Nov 8, 2019.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

He does that because he is a greedy ass*.
    He does that because he has greedy family goading him to do that.
    He does that because the assets were the reason he married the woman .

In such cases of verbal and physical abuse, it is better to not get assets in your name.
    Leave them with parents .
    If a man can physically abuse ,he can do worse because her assets will kind of belong to him.

The best answer is to tell him to get his assets from his parents first. If he can wait for his inheritance, he better learn to wait for her inheritance.

Of course the best thing to do is to put the fear of law in him or divorce him because there is no love or care in this relationship any ways. Why suffer him for life ?

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

That "Why Suffer Him for Life?" has been variously answered on many of our forum threads. However, it is such a good question, that it deserves to be asked again and again.

Man loves wife, or the Man doesn't -- is the underlying feature. Whether or not wife would receive a post-dated asset, and how man reacts to that is a much bigger test than is necessary for a woman to see that her life is a mess, or NOT.

When the man doesn't care for his wife, he is the thread-less needle in her life. And she would get poked for all manner of trivial day-to-day things. I liked this following from Rihana:

3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I understand your mathematical logic but a woman is not an object to be owned, if it comes to ownership both men and women own each other, I mean everything has to be mutual.Unfortunately when that’s not the case, the woman needs to take a stand. I am very curious to know how the women in today’s generation, the previous generations have successfully dealt with such Mcps.

Amica likes this.
  4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

This is new to me. I would lose respect for a man that behaves like a greedy a**

nakshatra1, Amica, lavani and 2 others like this.
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Money brings out a different kind of animal inside human beings and it applies to both the genders. Strong will and moral values are needed to not succumb to greed. As property values have been in recent years there were so many fights between siblings to extent where people have died without talking to each other. It is the most strange thing

nakshatra1, Rihana, Amica and 2 others like this.
  6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

These men in your post are epitomes of selfishness.
    Thats that.

virtualkv2020, lavani and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I have it on good authority that not much goes on in there most of the time. :p

Human beings are mostly greedy and selfish. We take as much as we can get, whether we can consume it or not. It is only when we love someone that we put their needs before our own. When a DH tries to steal his DW's inheritance, it's clear that love has left the building.

What to do about it? The wise wife uses her DH's greed to get what she wants:
    "I want them to put everything in your name but ... my parents said they will leave everything to my sister because she always invites them to stay with her. What to do?"
    "I want them to put everything in your name but ... my parents are saying they will leave everything to my sister if I don't go to India for a 3 month vacation. What to do?"
    "I want them to put everything in your name but ... my parents said they will leave everything to my cousin because her DH treats them with respect. What to do?"

Any weapon used against you can be repurposed for your benefit. :cool:

Laks09, virtualkv2020 and Rihana like this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Simply it is greediness. Not just men, but some women too do the same.
    It is their human qualities. Can't generalize one's gender along with such quality.

Their self dependence and financial power is one thing, but wanting whatever the possible assets under their name is something else.
    If not, they believe someone else would enjoy whatever suppose to be theirs.

I've seen women who have similar greediness, despite of earning good, and having a well settled wealthy spouses, yet they are horribly bothered about their in laws's assets and the share their husbands suppose to get.
    In some cases, the wise PILs chose to share their wealth with the not-so-doing good children, because it can be a life saving support to them.
    When all the siblings are in agreement, these DILs make it worse by creating a huge fuss.
    Reason is their greediness and nothing else

9. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

2 schools of thought:

1) Humans were good and there used to be traditions and culture(pronounced kal-chur) - this is when properties costed peanuts but nobody was interested in it - prices didn't appreciate much/a perception that buying it is pointless.

And then the economy expanded, property prices soared, everyone became greedy (it's okay to be selfish), governing rule is that money is everything in life = (surplus) money ruined humans.

2) Money/economy expansion only brought out the existing fault lines = humans are inherently evil.

--

So humans are either ruined or evil- being in/feeling love being the brief period when they stop assigning a value to anything and everything and when that attenuates (with time), the calculator plays a prominent role again.

--

My 2 x 25 paise coin thoughts

Roar likes this.
  10. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

I cant agree more!. Love what you said:beer-toast1:

The insecurities, seeking validation, the blaming, the game plans, the waiting for others downfall ....all have gotten worse.

Money was/ is never the cause. Its one of the good resource to actually make world better!
    The cause is purely the people who have gotten cuckoo over it.