reasons for divorce

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by vkrithika1, Mar 7, 2008.

1. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

hi all,

I start this thread with broken heart and shock.when we talk about divorce,we talk about dowry harassment and many reasons which are against men.But now a days the scenario is changing.One of my brother's friend got married last year.he is a well settled and a very good boy.His parents are also very good.They demanded nothing from the girl side for marriage.The girl was also very happy and Her parents spent a lot and performed the marriage in a very grand manner.The girl used to go out with him and they were happy till marriage.She presented gifts to mother in law.but the real fact was that she was impotent.After 10 days of the marriage she went to mother's house without even informing her inlaws or husband.She did not return.when the boy went to see her,she asked him to take divorce.She did not even tell the reason.The boy's family fell in deep sadness and because the laws in india favour women they had to be silent till divorce.Now even if he go for second marriage he is considered as a divorcee.

THis is not the only case,i heard 3 cases like this within a month.Now a days since the girls have become independant, they claim divorce for even silly reasons.
    If they do not like the marriage,parents should not force them.

parents of girls must first get the girls consent and then only proceed.

This would avoid unnecessary marriage spending(which is huge nowadays) and also avoid the other family getting hurt for no reason.

If THis is hurting anybody's feelings please i am sorry.if you have seen any similar thing please share with us so that awareness can be created.

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear.

Yes parents should marry girls after their wish only.

But i dint understand.........how did they know abt girls impotent??

He can marry another girl........i dont think everyone blames guys side.

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Sad to hear about the increasing number of marriages breaking in a country like India where marriages are for keeps and not just a game show.

Parents of both the boy and girl should make sure that both the children are happy with alliance before going ahead. Specially the girls...where before their consent did not really matter......but in today's world, every individual whether male or female lives with equal rights to right of opinion and of course, a marriage is meant to be a life-time affair, so it is but right for the parents to get their daughter's opinion as well.