1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons for divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by cuppcake, Dec 13, 2012.

1. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

I am a divorced woman and have been talking to potential divorced alliances. There is obviously a very strong reason that causes a marriage to end in divorce..the problem is that most people I have spoken to have cited their wives infidelity or mental condition as the cause of breakdown of the marriage. I cannot disagree that extra marital affairs are a reality but it is hard to believe that this can be the case for every second divorce, esp. on the women's side?

I want to start a relationship with faith and trust but most people come up with stories that are very hard to believe. how do i keep the faith in such cases and how does one really know if the story is true or not.

1 person likes this.

2. digezt

digezt Senior IL'ite

You have to keep the faith by thinking and analysing all assimilated data. There could be some assumptions which you need to make since not all data can be verified cent per cent upfront. Imagine the other person's thought process, he would also be having the same doubts about you... would you be comfortable in letting your ex express his point of view on your separation. think through it and go with your heart...

Trust but verify what ever is verifiable.

2 people like this.
  3. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

4. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

infidelity will have many reasons...and at broader level can be termed as personality defect when one commits the same even in happy marriage.

Dont think that only men do it more and women do it less or dont do at all. That is the wrong assumption in understanding the dynamics of man/woman relation

please understand. it can as well apply to your side story as well.

when we expect others to believe our story, it is also good that we atleast give benefit of doubt to others version...not that what we had is life experience and others are telling stories

You wanting to start afresh with trust and faith is commendable, but trust and faith should be both ways. my suggestion is to go with open mind, spend sometime quality time with a guy you like, understand about his life and expectations and then jump to relationship

1 person likes this.
  5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Do you think they'll tell you:

Dowry / Financial issues
    Incompatibility with parents
    Personal incompatibility
    XXX incompatibility
    Medical condition

When you're first time in marriage market... you come with minimal makeup... the next round you have makeup and a politically & socially robust opening speech as well.
    If you're unable to believe the wierd reasons.. then pls let them go...
    When you interact more then only you'll be able to establish key areas to start trusting. Buy time and dig deeper if they're sticking to their words.

3 people like this.
  6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Why not hire marriage detectives.? I heard that it is catching up in India.

2 people like this.
  7. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

digest and Bharat..thank u for responding. Its true that even i cannot ever really "prove" what went wrong. Its only mutual trust that can take anything forward.

Shilpama...totally agree with that. I guess its partly because of remnant fears before entering into a new relationship. Digging deeper and knowing the person really well are the only real checks, no matter what the story is.. rest is always in God's hands :)

2 people like this.
  8. introspection

introspection Silver IL'ite

Hi agree fully.

Let me cite my experience. Im looking for alliances after my divorce (finally after 5 years of seperation) ......its been 4 months of searching for the right kind of person to start life again (on bharatmatrimony & shaadi !).

In almost of 90% of the cases, I have been told by the girls father, that the former husband was "impotent" or not "man enough", "physical problem" , while this maybe be true for many cases, this cannot be true across the board. How should I beleive this ?

But guess the reasons people use infedilty or impotence as a reason for breakup is that there can be no further questions that can be asked.

How can people who have lived with each other for 4 years cite impotence as a reason, especially when the husband has remarried again and is with a kid already. But I must also say that about 10% of the people (girls) did cite incompatibilty etc. as a reason and have been honest and I really appreciate that.

Being a divorcee myself and having a past I cannot expect everything to fall in place, but atleast I expect the truth prior to starting up a new life.

There will be a lot of doubts in matchmaking, so tread with caution ! hopefully you find your match soon ..

2 people like this.
  9. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Most people blame the other partner for a divorce. The lawyers frame the case in accordance with the common reasons like impotence, madness as applicable .
    In case the man wants a divorce the wife has be 'mentally ill' if there are no other reasons.Why the wife becomes a mental case after marriage should be researched!
    If a wife wants a divorce then impotence is good enough reason as it makes her chaste too!
    The judges swallow the story and grant a divorce.
    But nobody divorces for a flimsy reason, or reveals their own EMA's etc.

2 people like this.
  10. smartlady

smartlady New IL'ite

it is really tough to trust another guy after a bad relation but we indian women really do have much option to know about the guy before marriage. so its just trust but as it is already lost so women will face lot of stress at remarriage.

introspection,
    "How can people who have lived with each other for 4 years cite impotence as a reason, especially when the husband has remarried again and is with a kid already."
    impotency might not mean guy is impotent to all women but impotent to this girl. There are so many guys out there who do not copulate with wife that means he is impotent to her which i why you are seeing more of them.
    This problem is growing problem these days
    4 years cite impotence as a reason--> i have a friend who got married in 2008 till date she at inlaw place but guy did not touch her. she has her personal reason so could not separate but now she want to comeout of it.
    so what king of a guy is he? potent?man enough? a no physical problem?

1 person likes this.