Reason For Late Attendance

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by maalti, Jan 16, 2023.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

This is a joke which I read very long time ago but still makes me smile.

Well, there was an office where the boss was very strict about punctuality. He didn't like anyone coming late or going early. Whenever someone came late, that official should sign the attendance with time of arrival and reasons for late coming.
    It so happened that there came an important festival and the office did not declare any leave. Everyone came late that day. The first official who came late was a woman who was pregnant. She signed the attendance with time of arrival and she wrote the reason for late coming as "went to Gyn. for check up". The man who came next signed the attendance with time of arrival and wrote "ditto" for the reason for late coming without reading the woman official's reason. Most of the staff who came late that day wrote "ditto" as reason for their late attendance until the boss read the reason given by the woman and the other staff. He came to the Section and said "I am surprised that all the staff who came late today went to the Gyn. for check up". The staff realized their mistake and apologized to their boss. They all had a hearty laugh after that.

swarnamary and radv like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I think this small post could be the best one for exemplifying the impact- how staff in haste or in hurry blindly follow others. Such category of men and women are are known to possess cattle brain as opposed to camphor brain. They cattle brain category people consider by thinking their brain might go haywire and it pleases them to blindly follow whatever is going in front. It could be even moving shadow of Buffalo.
    Attendance register reminds me my office days. After 10.15am musters from all sections removed and sent to my chamber. Similarly five minutes before closing hours
    for evening signature the musters sent to sections from my chamber. This exercise adopted to find out habitual late comers and to debit half a day cl from their leave account in case of every two late arrivals. This almost ensured punctuality. In one section none was coming late for several months nor any took permission to come late. I felt it was out of character. So one evening I ordered that musters should be sent to me after all staff signed with time. The staff did not know this. After all staff left
    I checked all the musters that day in front of section officers. In a particular muster i saw staff signed not only for the evening but for next working day too with time ranging from 9.45 to 10.10.
    Next day that particular section staff were directed to my chamber for signing in the muster. None came to my chamber. ..but they know that I had detected their cheating and Warned the section officer for being indifferent and negligent in duties.

maalti and 1Sandhya like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

being duplicate stands deleted.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  4. Thyagarajan

Being duplicate stands deleted.

5. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

What is camphor brain? I have never heard this term before. What are the characteristics of a person with camphor brain?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

The moment camphor is lighted it burns in a jiffy. Brains of few understands digest the information the moment they are exposed to it. Such persons fall in category of camphor brained intellectuals. In a class it is observed only a few pupil belong to this group. In Tamil they are called intellectuals with camphor brain.
    I heard it for first time in 1970 in New Delhi winter evening discourse by late PadmaShri Kripa Nanda Warriar.
    Thanks & Regards.

1Sandhya and swarnamary like this.
  7. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

what an amazing memory power.... :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Ok got it. In Telugu they are referred to as ‘eksanthagrahi’.

Thyagarajan and maalti like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Grahi is sankrit for grasp.