1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reap what you sow!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by UmaVythianathan, Oct 8, 2010.

1. UmaVythianathan

UmaVythianathan Bronze IL'ite

I was trying to collect as many proverbs as possible to tell little little stories to my kids based on those proverbs every night. When I came across the proverb, "Reap what you sow", my thoughts went back to my childhood days. I was brought up in a joint family wherein, we had all brothers and sisters of my father, with their families, as well as my grand parents.

I have always seen at least 20 members in our house. There would be a dozen kids, cousins plus our other friends, to play around.

Weddings in the family would always be a great meeting place. Young girls decked up in their best pattu pavadais, boys running around and playing, and the oldies engaging themselves in some chit-chat. I remember going to my father's cousin brother's wedding. I used to call him Chitappa, and was eagerly waiting to meet my Chitti. She was such a lovely person, and was so amicable to all members in the family. But my Chitappa's parents, were not carried away by her good and friendly nature.

They never used to treat their daughter-in-law as a human being. My Chitti was a charm. She always wore a smiling face, and was never found grumbling to anyone about her pathetic life. Years rolled by and her salary and her work were wanted by the family but her status didn't change. Her father-in-law fell sick, and she was patiently doing all the work he commanded. One day, when we had gone to meet the old man, my Chitti bought him coffee. He suddenly got furious, and threw the tumbler on my Chitti's face. She just went out of that room. I was helpless and went behind her. She sobbed silently in the kitchen.

Exactly a week later, the old man passed away. When we had gone for his final rites, I came to know from my Chitti, that he had stomach cancer, and it was diagnosed at an advanced stage and hence death was inevitable.

I could see what destiny had in store for him.."He had unnecessarily earned the wrath of a young girl who has come to their house, as a daughter-in-law. She was coming in as the Mahalakshmi of their house, but they never treated her so. Her wrath, had brought him the much painful stomach cancer...He knew he didn't have any bad habits..But the pain that he made her go through, by throwing hot coffee, and hot words, had come back to him in the form of cancer..."

This is Kaliyuga, and God never waits to show people what they have in store after death, for whatever life they lead. Instead, God shows, He stands strongly behind people who believe him.

We reap what we sow.

2. madhoo78

madhoo78 Bronze IL'ite

exactly as we so shall we reap! there is god above watching everything.good or bad what ever we do we get it back. good write up!

3. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very true...I have myself seen such things coming true...hmm...but it does not always happen so. Some people go on hurting others with poisonous words, but everything seem to be perfect for them and nothing goes wrong... really kaliyuga...

4. jyothigandham

jyothigandham New IL'ite

Oh your poor chitti...But see the patience she had...I wish God gives me that much patience as well...like what Gandhiji had...to endure and not fight back...I really wish what you said about Kaliyuga is true...specially in the case of all those politicians who are openly robbing Mother India of all her riches...Very good write up!

5. UmaVythianathan

UmaVythianathan Bronze IL'ite

Thanks madhoo, iswarya and jyothi

Uma