1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Really confused need so suggestion

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sweet18, Mar 4, 2008.

1. sweet18

sweet18 New IL'ite

MIL is very irritating kind of person and she nags me for every thing,last year they were here when my daughter was born and she really createdbig scean here and she use to nag me for every thing and she use tostart fight and creat misunderstanding between me and my husband.after she went back my husband was not speaking with me for a month properly.

when she was here last year she use to buy every thing only for her daughters kids and she will never buy any thing for my baby, and even in india also she is the one who handle all financial issues and she bought so much of jewelery and every thing for her sellf and her daughter and every body tell she spend like any thing for her daughter and soninlaw

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008

2. jasminerule

jasminerule Junior IL'ite

Just try to see thing from her side, of course everything your mother in law do will annoy you. It's just natural MIL and DIL never get along. However, reset your thinking and you will be much happier, just respect her because she's your MIL as simple as that, she's the mother of your husband. Why would you need to mind or annoyed by the fact that Your In laws used to argued or she complains about your FIL. Let it go. How does it matter to you that she was laughing when her husband died??? Don't pick at anything and everything that she does. We are not perfect anyway and there are many many we need to put our mind into, not these trivial, useless stuffs. It will not let you grow as a person and you will find yourself depress, unhappy for what.....Learn to let it go, she's human after all.

And think about one day when you get old, would you want your DIL or SIL think about you like this. There's MIL then there's DIL, your husband will forever respect and listen to his mom no matter what because she's his mother. Would you want your sons or daughters to respect you in your old days? or listen to you...

My MIL also does many many things but I never mind whatever she says bonk and I am very happy with her and she's very happy with me. Tension create negative energy, even when there are no words exchange between you two, you both feel it. :coffee There are always two ways of looking at things. Example: when we were in India, my husband told my MIL that he wants to eat Biryani tomorrow morning, my MIL said "I need to use your wife's butt to cook Biryani for you" (I have big butt). I just busted out laughing after she said it. But there are people will get offended by this and thinking their MIL implied that they were fat....

Be happy and just respect your MIL and do not get offended by everything she does...She's your elder....

3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi sweet18,
    usually MILs behave non-sense and they more or less have the same mentality when they are given a crown of MOTHER IN LAW..So, don't worry..we cannot change them.keep ur words minimum to her whatever she says...if she says anything stupid to you,just see her,smile,nod ur head and go..she will try her best to agitate you and create a problem..and then a big scene..do not give place for this...whatever she says...just,.nodd ur head,smile,talk very less..she will be tired out of this..If she buys clothes for her daughter and son in law,just leave it..whatever she want to do,let her do it...u should be happy that u can buy clothes for you and ur little kid by ur selection conveniently...don't worry about these small things..just be happy...Don't care!!! u should live ur life happily and fully just for u and ur husband not for ur MIL..so,don't spoil ur life because of her..
    thanks