1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Real friend vs virtual friend

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by luckysangeetha, Oct 1, 2013.

1. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Friends
    I have very few friends list and some are still friends but are just FB friends.... What's friendship ?? The essence of such a beautiful friendship is not there in this time i feel..... Friendship in school days or younger days were like no expectation and no backbites and it was pure and real...Friendship is an amazing relationship where you open up fully yourself and talk to that soul..
    Friendship nowadays like short term and virtual ones. The feel of touch and hug and small pranks to the friend is missing in this virtual world. All the birthday wishes comes in virtual and not from a real person or voice. Everybody wants to maintain a distant relationship even if its father and mother brother or sister. I mean space is needed for everyone but the space concept is only existing rather than the closeness. The value of sharing things and talking and confessions and giggling and joking, confronting then small fights and then after 10mins trying t catch up with the fights and talk back again is all missed by this generation boys and girls.

Friendship is the only relationship which comes without any pre-set info in mind like you like your mother or father naturally because of the blood relationship but friendship is the one which comes without any pre-set thoughts in our mind. It is spontaneous.... See problems exist for everyone in this world. So sharing of those problems is why a friend is needed and his or her hug will help you better in solving the difficult tasks in life....
    What I have observed is nowadays is that friendship out of real thought is not there. People talk and they leave and when they see them again the talk like strangers. Friendship in school, college is real and no corporate or neighbours friendship is not real. They all come for a purpose and leave the place of friendship.....
    Having one or two friends in real is far BETTER than having 1000 friends in FB.... am i not correct??? your views guys....

Manjureddy, AkilaMani, Dinny and 5 others like this.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Perfect. You are 100 % in-line with my views,
    I have fb id but i am not a regular user because lot of unknowns persons will send request and sharing irrelevant information with us. i hate that.
    I have very few friends in India as well as here in UAE
    all these friends are very good and very long days friendship out of which only one friend, we are friends from childhood onwards still we will share everything but we are missing physical hug.

Now a days we mostly bind inside the 4 wall we have to modify ourself to accept the virtual friendship. in that also we should not have too many friends.
    மருவுக மாசற்றார் கேண்மையொன் றீத்தும
    ஒருவுக ஒப்பிலார் நட்பு

1 person likes this.
  3. luckysangeetha

CORRECT suma....

Real friendship value is not known until it is felt.... these feelings need to be felt cannot be explained and told.... Talking to a close friend we feel so light after that....rather than giving virtual likes to someone who doesn't even bother to see what we are....

1 person likes this.
  4. sumanrathi

you know very rare we can get good friends in virtual in my past long struggle i got a virtual friend from other country. Now the whole family is consider me as one of the family member.

Very soon we are planning to visit and with to change the status of virtual friend as real friend.

friendship should come from bottom of heart without any expatation. also if a friend is fall down our hands should not take more than a second to hold him up.

1 person likes this.
  5. luckysangeetha

Wow Suma..... congrats on the new friendship... happy for u.... yes true friendship should happen from heart not from talks

1 person likes this.
  6. sumanrathi

it is better to keep minimum friends.
    i have affected heavily because of selfish friends, but i never turned on even he /she admit for the mistake, i don't know i am right or wrong as of me i will be with true heart i am expecting the same from others too once it broken that's all it will retain in my heart always.
    when i narrate this i just recollect all the bad friends in my life :(

7. luckysangeetha

8. Gjcoolady

Gjcoolady Senior IL'ite

So true Luckysangeeta! I feel the same. Real friends are so rare these days and FB is such a fake world!

2 people like this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

If its about FB....then you are 101% correct.Friendships are only done for a purpose.One reason why i go to FB very rarely these days.

But about friendships with neighbours and corporate friends.....hmmm...well i have a slightly different experience.I have always had good friends at office and my neighbours are also extremely friendly.
    But yes i have seen ppl use frienship as a short term invetment.And that leaves a bitter taste.
    To me frienships always came with expiry dates by default....This so because dad had a tranferable job so none of my frienship lasted more than 2-3yrs.So in a way i am thankful to FB for bringing my old friends back to me.Now all of us have left FB and made small groups in watsapp.So till watsapp doesnt turn into a boring place me & my friends have decided to have a gala time there.:)

Keeping my fingers crossed...right now in my life there are few very good friends.And i am more than happy to have them in my life.
    Virtual or real....to me all of them are friends....i dont treat a virtual friend any different from a real life friend.
    To friendship :cheers:

5 people like this.
  10. luckysangeetha

But dinny darl...

Don't you see a point that talking to a real person and talking through messages doesn't make a difference???? Seeing the smile and hugs and small pranks and giggling does it happen in virtual friendship??? I don't think so....

Humans mostly register images and not typo smileys and messages I guess...

So treating virtual friends and real friends is not correct I guess... tell me ur points..

1 person likes this.