1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Readymade 9 yards saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Mathu, Apr 8, 2007.

1. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

How to Wear Madisar

Hi,
    Anybody can help me the steps or take some photographs of wearing madisar (Type: Tamil Bhramin VadaMama Type). I forgot some steps. It will be very much helpful if anyone post. I have searched it in the net and it is not available.

Thanks
    Birraj

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

3. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

Re: How to Wear Madisar

birraj,
    , Here is the Iyer way of wearing a madisar. ..
    *Stand with your legs about 2 ft apart *Make 5-6 pleats in one end of the saree (lengthwise).
    *Keep the pleats on your left (at the back) and bring the saree around your body and make a knot at the left back in your waist line.(In the direction Left-> Front-> Right-> Left)
    * Bring it to the front and tuck one edge (and almost 1/2 way from that edge) in the front. Make the pleat (width of the saree) and bring the whole saree to the back under your legs.
    * Tuck the saree at the back (waist line).
    * Bring around the saree thro' your left after tucking the shorter edge slightly at your right.
    * Bring the saree around your body again
    * Hold it on your left and pass it on to your right shoulder arranging the border.
    * Bring the border around and tuck it in the front.
    [​IMG]
    I do not know how far it will help you
    with regards

padma iyangar

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  4. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Hello Sunkan and Padmavathy Iyer, Thanks for both of your replies. I also found these in the net. The Firstone is Iyankars type it is completely different one from Tamil Iyer type.

The Second one I have already saved the instructions it is helping little bit, I have tried still in correct form. Somehow I am missing somewhere.

Regards
    Birraj

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  5. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi all,
    where is the shanthi tailors in mylapore? i'm going to come to thanjavur for my mom 's place. that time i can come to chennai .are they stitching iyengar type 9 yards saree..? every time i'm having atug of war with 9 yards the saree wearing.pls help me with this.
    thanks
    harini

6. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

Thanks for the instructions! I was dressed in the madisar for the wedding by maamis and I have no clue how to replicate it, and it made me a little sad. Now at least I can try and practice! One question, though, I'm tall (5'9") and at the wedding we had a really hard time because the part that covers the calves kept going up and showing my legs! Are there any pointers to avoid this? They were laughing that even the 9 yard sari was not enough to cover all of me :D

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Nowadays nobody tries to do it in 9 yards saree. I tied it using the 5 1/2 yards normal saree. I am 5'6'' and I shud say mami who tied my saree was an expert. It came out beautifully and my legs were covered.And the occassion was my wedding and imagine the rituals. It was really tied well and only came out when i removed after the muhurat. You shud try to tie the saree from an experienced relative or friend.

8. Ranjani1982

Ranjani1982 New IL'ite

Hello Madam

I am real urgent need for this one, my baby shower is planned neext month, I am an iyengar married to aan iyer and there is this conflict always. But this time I am really not very comfortable to show my self in front of elders tp drape the saree that I am also seven months now. will you please give me your contact details so I can seek your help to stich one ready made for me? Please awaiting your reply at the earliest. Please private messsage me. Please help me

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011