1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reading Newspaper!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Jul 6, 2007.

1. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hi vanaja,

nice thread!!!
    when i'm in India my day use to start with paper in my hands,i love to read it in the morning , i use to turn to the sports edition(i love all the sports) first and then the regular news.there is lot of information to gain and english improves a lot and will get know the meanings so many new words
    my favourite newspaper is TOI (times of India) and eenadu(telugu)

i missing it now but i will make sure to go through the online edition daily but not in the early hrs :cry: .
    somehow feels like holding the paper and reading it, gives u a feel that u read the paper for the day.

cheers
    sreelatha

1 person likes this.
  2. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi sindhuja & sreelatha,

thank u for your reply.

sindhuja you enjoy reading newspaper and that is why you don't find any minus point. minus point hmm what else gossips.

sreelatha, you read newspaper online. somehow you don't get the feeling of reading news on paper. :icon_frown:

regards,

vanaja

1 person likes this.
  3. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear Vanaja Madam,
    you opened aGood thread of "Reading News Paper" becoz every common man will go through one or other Daily { news paper) in His/Her mother tounge and in english also if he is educated. I know some persons who used to
    Read 3or4 Dailies from A to Z everyday. As far as my view is concerned a NP is
    having Both good and Bad.
    Good things are 1) It keeps, us upto date with the latest happenings at the LOcal,National,and international level. 2) Upto date Market Rates of commodities, Traintimings,Bullion market,share market etc are No doubt useful to some sector of peoples atleast.
    The Bad Things are 1)It brings news of Robery,arson,rape and the news of Worst politics of our present day which makes our brain with unnecessary Stuf.
    Morning Time is precious for every one .One must attend to his/her routine duties whih should be done during that time only.
    Nischel

1 person likes this.
  4. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Nischel Sir,

Thank u for your reply. You have nicely categorized the good and bad. What you have mentioned is absolutely true.

I agree mornings would be appropriate time to read newspaper, but we ladies have other priorities :cry:.

Thank you once again.

regards,

Vanaja

1 person likes this.
  5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    When I was in India, I used to read Deccan Herald and kannada newspaper.
    Now @ US, I read the local newspaper in the train and browse deccanhearald and timesof india online.

~Punitha

6. srinivasan_vanaja

hi punitha,

thank you for sharing.

regards,

vanaja

1 person likes this.
  7. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanaja Ma'am,

Even though this is an old thread, newspapers are still hot and fresh everyday.. so I thought i'll revive the thread..
    So has your time of reading and preferences changed presently?
    My fav time to read is just after waking up, sipping my masala tea. I glance the important headlines, read the city news for any power cuts, water problems or road blocks!!! Then look at international, its a quicker glance. Then its on to editorial, masala news, astrology for the day etc. Finally I sit with the crossword and sudoku while having my breakfast or waiting for the cab.
    The advantage of reading the paper in the morning is that you know whats happening, and you can be prepared for things in the city.. also one wont look like a fool when collegues discuss things over lunch! :)
    The disadvantage is we start couting the murders in our city, the thefts etc and start worrying every minute.
    What do other ILites say?

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    Since i leave for work very early in the morning, i catch up news in the computer. Back home after dinner i catch up other articles.

Sundays it is during breakfast time.
    Jaya